Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Ontario, Canada OR Galway, Ireland OR Remote
Relocation and sponsorship assistance will be provided to successful candidates.
From start-up to industry leader, the SOTI story is truly inspirational. Our Founder and CEO, Carl Rodrigues, is one of the pioneers of Enterprise Mobility Management. From the beginning, Carl has had a vision of growth and innovation. Employees are driven to make an impact, to offer a unique value and most importantly, be part of a winning team.
What We’re Looking For:
At SOTI, our people are our most important resource. We are looking for innovative Senior Software Developers from all over the globe with a proven track record of successfully making a positive impact in their previous career.
This is an exciting opportunity for foreign applicants who require a work permit to work in Canada.
You are insanely curious and have a thirst for figuring out new technologies. As the successful candidate, you are a Computer Science expert with strong logical thinking and excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, software architecture and design, and you understand the logic behind how things work.
Being part of our growing team, you will get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects that offer innovative mobile device solutions to our enterprise clients across the world. You will be able to take part in brainstorming and bringing new ideas to the table, which will be rewarded by your professional growth and a motivating career advancement with SOTI.
What’s in it for you?
The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain innovative solutions to tackle big industry problems in the IoT sector
- Provide leadership on implementation of web solutions in C# and .NET
- Provide technical guidance on the research and development of new products and services
- Contribute towards the entire development lifecycle of analysis, design, implementation and test
- Actively contribute in brainstorming and idea generation activities, as well as participate in enhancing/maintaining existing solutions
- Maintain high standards of quality for code, technical documentation, and deliverables
- Define and implement best coding practices; proactively keep a tab on emerging technologies
- Work closely with the manager to ensure the product is evolving according to need
- Use best software development practices, clean code and solid principles
- Implement automated unit and integration tests
- Drive effort estimation for modules you will own and help create development plans with manager
- Constantly update your knowledge and stay up-to-date with advanced technologies to be able to provide the best solutions for new projects, and
- Have fun, with all of the above!
Experience You’ll Bring
- Senior level hands-on experience in software development & solution design preferably with product companies
- A broad experience of architecture, infrastructure, software and computing systems with a proven track record of designing and developing solutions for end users on cross platform systems
- Expertise in Computer Science with excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and software architecture, and you understand the logic behind the relationships within programs themselves
- Passion for modern technology and a proven track record of successfully making a positive impact as tech visionary
- Excellent understanding of unit test principles, multi-layer architecture, SOA principles and best development practices, as well as previous experience using OOD, Design Patterns, Data Modelling and Storage with well-known relational database (preferably SQL)
- Strong background and experience with C# .NET or you are eager to learn it
- Understanding/or strong interest in agile methods such as Scrum/XP, Behavior Driven Development, and Continuous Delivery
- Eagerness to constantly learn and update your skills, and you like to share knowledge with others
- Self-starter attitude with a high degree of initiative and a positive mindset
- Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with more thanenterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization.
At SOTI, we celebrate the uniqueness of our global teams and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are curious problem solvers who are committed to bringing the best mobile and IoT management solutions to market. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
Please visit our website and YouTube channel to learn more about our products and services. Follow SOTI on LinkedIn to find out about our new division SOTI Aerospace, as well as other exciting updates. We also recommend the following article by our President and CEO, Carl Rodrigues, to find out more about SOTI’s culture, building remote teams and continuous innovation during these difficult times.