Senior Scrum Master
Your life at Ubi
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently looking for a Senior Scrum Master to guide the development team in charge with customer facing services, such as CRM, Customer Support, Digital Marketing and Community Management.
IT Customer & Marketing Solutions activity has an international footprint and company-wide impact integrating virtually all Ubisoft’s online tools and services. The Senior Scrum Master’s role will be that of facilitator as (s)he will guide the distributed Scrum organization (Montreal, Paris, and Bucharest), and encourage self-organization in order to ensure smooth, efficient, and quality-oriented development process so that the product evolutions meet clients’ expectations.
Your main mission
- Ensure the necessary servant leadership and coaching for the team to function under the Agile mindset and values to deliver valuable outcomes
- Be a good facilitator and ensure the framework in place is efficient, respected and improved with the team continuously to answer both business and team's needs
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team and coach them into a process of continuous improvement and a high level of efficiency
- Help build a psychological safe environment where people can freely express concerns and be themselves with an emphasis on learning, adapting, and experimenting
- Pro-actively act as Impediments Remover in Chief, and help the team manage and mitigate impediments to ensure the impact on delivering according to the agreed planning as well as on the team’s Agile journey is reduced at a minimum
- Facilitate the team’s communication plans and execute accordingly through information radiators and regular reports according to the needs
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and use them to spot means to help the team organize itself to deliver the sprint commitment
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Business Champions, and IT Manager in identifying long- and short-term delivery flow strategy, priorities, objectives and requirements
- Be aware of your stakeholders and customers and how to involve them in the product development journey
The professional value you bring
- In-depth understanding of Agile and Lean principles and how they can translate to the reality of each team
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with Scrum (Scrum Master / Team Facilitator / Agile Certified Practitioner qualifications: CSM, ICP-ATF and / or PMI-ACP are strongly desired)
- Previous experience in the IT Industry as Scrum Master and fluency in English
- Experience as Agile Coach / or Project Manager is considered a plus
- Passionate about continuous improvement, learning and experimentation
- Relentless in unblocking team and manage the mitigation of impediments
- Experience on and understanding of other frameworks, such as Kanban or XP, is a big plus
- Deep knowledge on different facilitation, estimation and coaching techniques: Powerful questions, SBI, Poker Planning, various retrospective formats
- Solid knowledge on collaboration tools, such as Jira and Confluence; experience on classic project management practices and fundamentals is a plus
The personal value you bring
- Reliable, dynamic and motivated person
- Good communication skills, organized and attentive to details
- Persevering, autonomous
- Quality and result oriented
- Team spirit providing abilities to work with open-mindedness, respect and kindness regarding to peers
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.