Senior Research Analyst, Oil Field Chemical
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Are you an analytical thinker with experience in the oil and gas industry, who enjoys building and sharing expertise in your chosen field? You will contribute towards building the knowledge base of the team, providing quantitative research on a designated sector of the oil and gas industry, contributing to quarterly written reports, and presenting your insights to clients.
- Contributing research and content to the IHS Markit upstream costs services, a successful suite of multi-client services which provides cost data and market insights to oil and gas operators
- The role will require the successful candidate to take ownership of one or more upstream oil and gas service markets and provide quarterly price updates and insight as well as generate price forecasts going forwards.
- The analyst will conduct research from both primary and secondary sources, interact with clients and upstream service providers and produce written reports and presentations on a regular basis.
- Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs, working under the direction of a consulting project leader. Responsibilities may include data research, creating spreadsheets and graphics, seeking out peer review of materials and providing subject matter expertise in areas of assigned disciplines to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects
- Continuously develop subject matter expertise in a particular/designated discipline or focus area by actively contributing to above listed activities and pursuing activities/work in various disciplines and staying abreast of current/hot topics and contributing to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge
You will be working in the Cost and Expenditures team and will be based in Bucharest. The team is geographically dispersed located across Europe, North America and Asia. The team cover cost and industry trends focussing on the development and operations of upstream oil and gas facilities. We regularly interact with clients, industry suppliers, and analysts from other divisions of IHS Markit to build knowledge and share insights. We deliver content numerically, through indexes produced in excel, in written format using quarterly reports and by presentations to existing and prospective clients.
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Knowledge of oil field chemicals would be a distinct advantage
- Must be happy to present to a mid-sized audience
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Proficient in Power BI
- Good time and task management skills are essential
- able to work both independently and as part of a team - should demonstrate curiosity, initiative and self-sufficiency and the ability to learn quickly
- This position may be required to travel on a limited basis – 5 to 10%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business-related needs
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position
WHAT WE OFFER
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment