Senior Regional Accountant (leadership role)
Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To manage the day-to-day finance activities and supervise a team of Regional and Assistant Regional Accountants within the finance team. Will be instrumental in building and promoting relationships with the served sites, supporting the daily financial and accounting business processes of the EFSG and the standardization thereof whilst maintaining a culture centered on delivering excellent customer service.
This position will ensure that the finance team provide timely and professional services that support and enhance the instructional and service goals of the areas identified in the SLA.
The Senior Regional Accountant will be expected to maintain successful relationships and frequent communication with the EFSG Operations Manager, Finance Directors, Accounting and FP&A Managers of the served sites.
Also, will contribute to decisions on assignment of duties and the correct or preferred method of processing financial transactions and will be responsible for adherence to internal control procedures and compliance.
It will be the Senior Regional Accountant’s duty to support the EFSG Operations
Manager in the implementation of strategic plans for improving processes and services. The Senior Regional Accountant will also support the implementation of financial policies and the financial training of the EFSG team with a focus on adding value.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise a team of Regional Accountants and Assistant Regional Accountants to ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed timescales.
- Responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements.
- Ownership of served sites financial statements.
- Review output/performance/delivery of the team to maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal CP&P.
- Oversees service delivery and the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that all
- standards are met and procedures are followed. Establishes priorities and schedules of main activities
- Reviews and monitors SLA related services to identify trends and problem areas, reporting on risks, key performance indicators and proposed corrective action or new approaches.
- Develops and implements new work methods and procedures of the EFSG; recommends procedural changes to improve EFSG efficiency and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by EFSG management or Site management.
- Defines and ensures the implementation of Service Level Agreements; sets standards for quality and ensures that operational activities are implemented in accordance with CP&P and meet the established standards.
- Support cross-functional activities of the finance teams.
- Collaborate with EFSG Systems accounting team as needed to implement process design changes or system updates.
- Works closely with the EFSG Integration Manager on the pacification of onboarding process to integrate new sites into EFSG.
- Ownership of engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe wide engagements.
- Addressing audit findings to improve compliance and accuracy of transaction processing.
- Drives the knowledge management within EFSG and establishes standards and quality in the overall documentation efforts.
- Establishes a culture of learning and continues development and collaborates with EFSG operational teams.
- Ensures training materials are defined, e-learning trainings are developed, an onboarding program is established and maintained.
- Manages, leads and develops a team of finance professionals (Regional Accountants
- & Assistant Regional Accountants), leads and ensures a culture of learning and development in the team.
- Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development.
- Ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated and documented.
- Takes necessary steps to address issues that may impact performance.
- As required, becomes involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counselling.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Finance Team at each served site.
- Own the Management Information reporting to all stakeholders ensuring it succinctly communicates issues and actions to improve the results.
- Maintain process workflows, procedures and management information for all areas under integration phase. Implement best practices in future integration projects
- Identify areas for process integration improvement, obtain stakeholder approval and ensure they are implemented in line with the approved plan.
- Lead or assist with European finance projects as and when required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
- Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years work experience for a large multi-national organization.
- Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM would be an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of and experience with process mapping and process improvement.
- Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams and across varying groups and organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.