The NVS Access team works with a range of visibility solutions that aim to block incoming threads and eliminate potential points of failure by inspecting and controlling network traffic.
Our products range in complexity from simple taps that replicate traffic from one port to another to advanced network packet brokers that filter, aggregate, load balance and most importantly spot failures in customer network to avoid loss of traffic.
Testing approach focuses as well on security and ease of configuration ( a number of options are available https/ssh/netconf/snmp) and high availability scenarios - most of our products have features that enables the device to function when power is lost either by using a battery or a backup replica of the device.
More info on some of our products can be found here:
Network Visibility solutions:
What will this experience bring you?
By being a member of our team, you will be exposed to automation language and DevOps tasks, numerous customers and network designs, develop your troubleshooting skills, come up with comprehensive testing solutions with a high degree of costumer focus (usability, negative scenarios, security concerns), become familiar with latest security threats.
We encourage autonomy, flexibility, and trust between team members. We welcome new solutions, and we will give you the opportunity to work with technologies that fit your professional growth and increase your expertise.
Let your masterful QA skills shine! Read below a detailed description on
What you will do:
The role involves working on large scale deployments and coming up with out-of-the-box ideas for scale testing, while writing and reviewing automation framework code and scripts using Python.
- Work in a mixed team (dev/qa)
- Contribute to product design and product quality scope, by working with development to design and assure QA automated and manual coverage for software features and hardware platforms
- Design and write test plans for important software features and maintain up to date documentation related to it
- Execute complex test cases
- Provide accurate effort estimation, progress tracking and status reporting
- Take ownership over customer specific escalations
- Configure, debug, and troubleshoot non-Ixia /Ixia equipment required for testing large features (with minimal to no supervision)
- Root cause isolation and proper bug logging to focus on problem description, steps to reproduce, relevant logs and files attachment
- Detect and communicate testing delays and bottlenecks
What you need to know and already have experience with:
- Strong scripting skills (Python or Java preferred)
- Experience with automation systems
- Working knowledge of debugging tools and techniques
- Knowledgeable about tools and debug techniques (packet capture tools, Perforce, git, Jenkins, automation harness)
- Open to provide technical guidance to junior team members.
- Good communication skills to communicate in clear and concise manner with QA/Dev groups/Support Teams/Customers
- Minimum experience: 4+ years in QA
- Linux operating skills
- Working experience in Agile
What’s in it for you?
We offer an attractive employee benefits package that covers:
- Personal and professional development tools;
- Internal library;
- Medical subscription for employee and family members;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work from home;
- Competitive salary package based on performance;
- Access to sport activities, and many others.