Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Advanced
We are looking for a new colleague to help us grow our company’s main product (a private cloud platform - virtualization, backup, disaster recovery etc.) used by thousands of clients on all continents, as we are ramping up its development to
transform it into a hybrid cloud offering.
You are passionate about software development and have more than a basic understanding of systems programming. You like a challenge and want to contribute your ideas and passion. You don't like to work off a technical spec, but want to be involved in technical decisions. You want to be part of a project you'll be proud of some years down the line.
- Work as part of an agile team that executes all user stories end to end
- Collaborate with the team and the CTO to define the architecture supporting new features
- Write APIs, daemons, OS services and scripts to implement the backend of various features
- Work with systems engineers to package and build the code
- Test the code with automated unit tests.
- Help the team and Product Owner plan iterations and releases
- 4+ years experience
- At least 2 years of Python experience
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux and, ideally, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Good understanding of OOP, code modularity and design patterns
- Team player
- Wanting to constantly learn and improve
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of virtualisation systems (VMware vSphere / KVM / Xen)
- Knowledge of DDD (domain-driven design), SOLID principles, clean architecture
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience working in an agile team
- University degree in a Computer Science related discipline