Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Senior PHP Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and overorganizations rely on Access software to help their organization thrive.
- An understanding of Azure DevOps Continuous Integration & Deployment or other DevOps tooling.
- Confident debugging of web pages in the major browsers
- Desirable - Knowledge of ReactJS / Angular
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Management of effective CI Pipeline and source control
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Champion a quality focussed approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. You’re able to communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, are able to identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You can implement and manage efficient CI pipelines for highly available distributed systems.
- You can design source control structures, select or modify toolchain and deployment processes, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
- You keep abreast of technical developments in the industry and are aware of the evolution in the various technologies you work in.
- You pro-actively seek to coach, guide and advise junior team mates; you demonstrate humility (understanding limits of knowledge) and strive to develop gaps in technical and soft skills; you demonstrate individual ownership and ownership of project and sprint deliverables within the team.
As a well-rounded Senior Developer, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product, requirements analysis and environments management.
- Work experience as a member in a scrum team.
- Demonstrable experience of owning and driving successful delivery of projects.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
Private Life Insurance
And other benefits
Become part of our amazing Access family!