Senior Payroll Specialist
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
We offer you a position in a team-based, international, leading financial organization. Within Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, you will find straightforward communication, a fast-paced work environment and challenging projects.
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance, and legal sectors.
We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Founded in 1836 and headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, the company serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs people worldwide
Working as part of an International Payroll team, the Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible for full life cycle payroll activities for specific countries.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Performs correct gross-net calculation and employees are paid the correct salary, payroll checking, identifying payroll errors, and liaising with employees locally
- Monthly consultations with our payroll provider must be entered
- Monitor and control the input and output and ensure that all output reaches the correct receivers on time
- Prepares and maintains detailed reconciliation documentation of payroll data to payroll provider
- Perform analysis and find solutions for issues in the field of social insurance, tax, and collective labor agreements, independently identify bottlenecks and resolve them.
- A proactive input in administrative activities is needed, so that these are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Partner with internal and external parties, such as the financial department, insurance, and the tax authorities. To ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting
- Also responsible for improving and adjusting internal processes and work instructions.
- Will support the wider international team with other EMEA payrolls
- University degree - Human resources, Economic science, Accounting
- + 5 years of professional experience in payroll calculation and personnel administration
- Excellent working knowledge of Dutch tax and payroll procedures, labor law and collective agreement law
- Strong experience with country specific fiscal law and social security law
- Proven experience with payroll systems. SAP, ADP payroll, Workday
- Demonstrable knowledge of Excel
- Analytical thinking
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Good communication skills, flexible and team player
- Advanced English language skills
- Preferable good Dutch language skills