Hello! Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Orange Romania is looking for a colleague to be part of the Data Repository team in charge of managing different database related technologies such as: Oracle Database (most of our databases are Oracle databases, including Exadata) , SqlServer Databases, PostgreSql Databases, Cloudera Big Data ecosystem.
Who you are:
• You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
• You need to be prepared to assimilate new technologies very fast and self-driven for implementing them across transversal projects.
• You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
• You are all about sharing and collaboration with your team mates
• You are able to understand and explain technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
What you will be doing:
• Provide support for all database related issues -- performance, security, locks, bugs, connectivity, auditing etc.
• Patch and migrate existing databases
• Try out new tools and technologies and share your findings and best practices with the whole team
• Design architecture for databases based on requests and needs
• Develop automation using shell scripting/ java programs to automate repetitive tasks
• Review the environment and have initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improve performance
• Create documentation for automated tasks, special procedures, etc.
• Participate in rotating on call duty with team members
What you need to know
• Installation, configuration, monitoring of Oracle Databases (11g/12c versions) deployed on Linux platforms
• Strong knowledge about High Availability ( Oracle RAC with ASM) and Disaster Recovery solution (Oracle Data Guard)
• Strong query tuning and performance tuning skills
• Good experience with database migrations from different versions (11g,12c) or different platforms (Linux, AIX/HPUX)
• Good knowledge about Linux shell scripting
Nice to have :
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Enterprise Manager - OEM server OMS and deploying OEM agents
• Knowledge about SQLSever Database Administration (MSSQL)
• Knowledge about PostgreSql Database Administration
• Knowledge about Java programming language
• Good understanding of storage (including san) concepts
• Basic Linux administration skills (networking, security, services, lvm)
Languages : excellent English
[Orange Perks] What’s in it for you, should you choose to work for a TOP EMPLOYER?
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
From ORANGE with love – a digital company