The heart of Switzerland is the headquarter of the Connect44 Group. With subsidiaries in the UK, Germany and France the company provides services and support for Telecom Operators and Equipment Manufacturers. The solutions reach from Mobile Network Engineering, Fixed Network Engineering, IT and Cloud to Consulting Services. For the future, we aim to further develop our team so that we can move forward with our clients in this ever changing market place. We look forward to strengthen our service portfolio with new services and start to embrace the new and exciting opportunities that will come through digitalization.
What you will be working on:
• Implement network changes based on requests.
• Ensure infrastructure related incidents are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner in compliance with Service Level Agreements. Assist in ensuring the prompt resolution of escalated faults and requests from the service desk or service owners;
• Maintain relationships with third-party vendors and ensure that agreed SLAs are achieved;
• Assist in setting up and maintaining network management system tools to ensure network devices are constantly monitored;
• Assist in setting up and executing technical test plans for device modification, new deployment and upgrades, fail-over tests.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of escalated issues and resolution status (a detailed maintenance schedule).
• Monitor infrastructure performance and recommend adjustments to ensure optimal response time.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required;
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports;
• IP address management;
• Maintain security and data integrity according to the Internal Policies.
• Implement and support audit and compliance regulations as per requirements.
All you have to bring with you is:
• Familiar with supporting routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, vpn devices. Cross domain knowledge (virtualization, storage, Linux, etc.) is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science;
• At least 5 years of experience in the IT industry and 3 years of experience working with
Network devices (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Fortinet, F5). Relevant IT operations experience is considered a plus.
• Work experience with Fortinet firewalls.
• Cisco ACI knowledge is a plus.
• Good knowledge in working with network monitoring and configuration tools, IP management tools
• Experience in complex, large-scale enterprise IT infrastructures with hands on
• Experience in designing and implementing complex multi-layer enterprise LAN/WAN networks
• Advanced experience in documenting and maintaining documentation of complex
networks; Microsoft Visio knowledge is a must
• Advanced hand-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging network related issues using CLI, GUI and log analysis tools.
• Preferably Cisco CCNP level of certification (is considered a plus)
• Familiar with ITIL key processes like incident, change, problem, capacity management;
• Excellent communication skills and team player;
• Fluent English communication skills: verbal and writing;
• Provide a 24x7 service supervision through on call by rotation schedule;
• Availability of international travel for training and knowledge transfer of and knowledge transfer of customers – 1 month / year on average.
Connect44 was founded in the heart of Switzerland inur goal was to support Telecom Operators and Equipment Manufacturers to design, manage and Optimise Mobile Networks. Starting with some of the first 2G voice networks, we began to grow our team of professionals to equip ourselves for new projects with new technologies and new ways of working. Investing substantial amounts of our budget on training, we started to move into 3G then 4G. Soon came the changes to IP networks, VOIP and preparing networks for large amounts of data by modernisation of old analogue networks to the digital standards. Over the past years Connect44 has steadily developed key longterm partnerships with its clients in many European countries with offices in Switzerland, UK, Germany, France, Romania and Chile.
We pride ourselves on having a team that includes some of the top engineers in our industry. Many of our people have been with the company for over 15 years showing great commitment to Connect44 and our client focused approach. The group has over 400 employees amongst its ranks with 350 of these being specialist engineers that deliver our services with great enthusiasm and care. The rest are dedicated professional people that focus on running an organisation with excellent internal communication, is fast to react to client needs, agile, lean and takes great satisfaction in achieving excellent results. We have been very lucky to be able to develop some strong and long lasting relationships with our clients built on trust from both sides. We strongly believe that integrity in dealing with customers is a prerequisite for a successful and sustained business relationship.
For the future we aim to further develop our team so that we can move forward with our clients in this ever changing market place. We look forward to strengthen our service portfolio with new services and start to embrace the new and exciting opportunities that will come through digitalisation. Connect44’s success journey may have started in, but in fact it has only just begun.