Senior Network Engineer SDN SAS
* all languages are compulsory
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Your day to day:
- The Senior Network Engineer SDN is responsible for developing, maintaining, and integrating the monitoring Cloud Platforms for the related infrastructure, network, database, and middleware capabilities to enable pro-active and reactive actions required to be taken by the required engineering support teams
- This role is responsible for reviewing monitoring solution designs, understanding their impact on the associated infrastructure, network and ensuring the availability of supporting and enabling infrastructure from internal or external service providers
- This role is responsible for forecasting, alerting, and reporting workflows for the operational capacity, availability, and performance of the Cloud solutions against SLAs from a level one and level three support perspective
- This role is responsible for providing monitoring and predictable monitoring platform for the infrastructure & network level two and level three incident and problem management
With these activities, you will have a great impact on our business:
- Work with Private and Public Cloud service providers to forecast and right-size long-term capacity and performance requirements, iterating regularly
- Determine user and technical story impact on existing architecture, work processes and systems
- Design and implement supporting platform/infrastructure/network and tooling for software module development, orchestration and operations
- Design and implement supporting database and middleware capabilities to support software module development and operations
- Monitor and maintain Platform/infrastructure/network performance, capacity and availability, providing 2nd and 3rd level of support for the resolution of infrastructure-related incidents and problems
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
- Systems analysis and infrastructure & network design in high-scale environments
- Strong understanding of monitoring software, system functionalities and internal process that system is involved.
- Strong OSS knowledge in monitoring & forecast experience in large scale Datacentre environment
- Structured knowledge and hands-on experience in statistics, data analysis, modelling, reporting, and presentation
- Strong knowledge of monitoring protocols and technologies for SDN, firewalls, load balancers, virtualized & containerized infrastructure
- Infrastructure and Network capacity, performance, and availability management
- Infrastructure & network event monitoring, incident, and problem management
- Database technologies – SQL & NoSQL
- At least two or more programming and scripting languages, . Ruby, Python, PHP
- Highly cross-functional and able to swap and perform adjacent roles and responsibilities at short notice
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to distil difficult technical concepts into simple and actionable practices
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple balls, and comfortable working under pressure
- Willingness to track, assess, and incorporate practice and technology developments and innovation into day-to-day working
- Good understanding of the business capability / user journey, wider organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes
- Understanding of both the current Telecommunications and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!
Sounds interesting? Apply!
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.