Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
SkyConsult is looking for a Senior Network Engineer in Bucharest. The ideal candidate is fast learner, problem solver, well organized and eager to grow professionally within our team of specialists. Our new colleague will have the opportunity to develop his/her consulting skills, business processes knowledge and technical expertise by being exposed to our the client’s complex business environment (oil & gas).
- Handling customer service requests from our customers on different types of network devices based mostly on Cisco (Routers, Switches, Firewalls Security Gateways, WLAN devices and more);
- Take first corrective actions to isolate and neutralize reported incidents and if necessary, escalate to next technical level support;
- Troubleshoot hardware or software problems, identify root cause and provide an effective solution within contractual SLA time;
- Find root cause of problems and escalate to vendor support as necessary
- Performing network upgrades updates in accordance with the Change Management process;
- Use trouble ticketing system for tracking customer interactions and fault analysis;
- Identify customers concerns and critical problems based on customer interaction
- Ability to conduct training sessions to share knowledge with peers and other support teams is necessary
- Follow established Enterprise change management procedures
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Familiarity with network analysis tools like Nagios, Observium, Cisco Works etc.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
- Mentoring junior engineering staff
- Previous work experience as a Networking Engineer
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Familiar with TCP/IP OSI protocol stack;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; BGP, OSPF, EIGRP etc
- Knowledge of switching technologies and protocols (Vlans, STP);
- Knowledge of security features and protocols (IPSec, NAT, RadiusTacacs, Dot1x);
- Knowledge of network monitoring applications and protocols (SNMP, NMS);
- Strong troubleshooting skills (able to analyze debug outputs and packet captures)
- More than 3 years work experience in system integration or telecommunication will have priority
- certifications from IT industry are a plus (. CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, Comptia Security+, ITIL Foundation etc)
- Ability to work well with the team and on various projects (shared team environment)
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Normal business hours 9-18 with 1h lunch brake
- Work from home based on actual business requirements
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours to fulfill production and project needs, provide 7x24 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Motivational salary package
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Weekly fruit day;
- Opportunity to get certifications based on approved budget
- Life time learning environment and tools;
Only suitable candidates will be contacted!
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please take into consideration that Skyconsult will process your CV data (name, contact details, education, work history, qualifications and skills).
This Personal Data is Processed in order to assess the competency and suitability of candidates applying for employment with Skyconsult to make decisions on whether or not to offer employment to any particular candidate to decide the terms and conditions of any such offer, to record all decision making for internal management and reporting purposes.
By applying to this job announcement, you acknowledge and agree with our Data Protection Clause.