2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share. Our digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, and market potential.
Interested in joining the team?
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are hiring a Senior Java Software Engineer.
In this role you will develop cloud based RESTful Java APIs including interaction with databases with a focus on readable, maintainable, and well-tested code. You will also contribute your skills constructively as part of agile, cross-functional squads throughout the product delivery cycle.
What you'll do
- Design and implement the Verifone mobile POS application as per product roadmap
- Aid in designing and implementing a more advanced software infrastructure
- Help create a new automated test and deployment system
- Take over from the current position holder
- Analyze the current system, draw up test plans, generate and execute multidiscipline tests (unit, contract)
- Mentor and coach other developers on your team
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience in Java and Spring Boot
- Strong hands-on experience in developing server side using Spring Boot
- Strong experience in ORM (. JPA, Hibernate), SQL and developing REST APIs
- Hands on experience with build and deployment tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins etc.
- Good understanding of AWS and its various tools
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL) and No-SQL databases
- Analytical and problem-solving mind set
- Experience with Unit testing
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience in using MS office as well as drawing tools
- A self-motivated personality and fast learning abilities
- Good multi-tasking skills and the ability to deliver in a dynamic environment
Nice to have
- Payment domain knowledge
- Software industry experience preferably in a POS, integrated, or embedded systems environment
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols family
- Cyber security experience (network, e-tokens)
- Experience in development of software for embedded systems
- Knowledge of payment systems and related technologies like ISO, EMV etc.
Why you’ll love working with us
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription