Senior Java Deveper
We are looking for a senior Java developer that would contribute to one of our challenging projects.
Our developers take pride in the code they deliver and want to constantly learn and improve their craft while contributing to overall improvement in the team.
We work to best practices for development and all team members are encouraged to contribute to tooling, tests, build management and processes.
The development teamwork in a range of programming languages across multiple technologies meaning there is huge opportunity to influence future technologies and direction, learn and grow as our platform continues to innovate.
- Development and maintenance of our core application
- Development and maintenance of our native embedded applications on different platforms
- Work closely and effectively with peer developers on related Backend development, client/server Java applications as well as Windows, Mac and Linux desktop applications
- Participation in software design, development and code reviews
- Maintain and develop knowledge of emerging tools, technologies and programming languages
- Utilize test-driven development, refactoring and continuous integration to consistently enhance our application and processes
- Work with product management and QA teams on specification, testing and automation requirements
- Deliver well-crafted, consistent tested code
Your skills & experience
- General/client server knowledge and programming know-how
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- General knowledge of tools such as Git, Gradle etc.
- Good knowledge of Java and/or JVM technologies (Scala would be a plus)
- Ability to convey information concisely and clearly, both written and verbally
- Hands-on experience working in Linux environments with command line tools for debugging, analysis, and automation
- A passion for software development