Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
We are now on the verge of creating a new team of 10-12 people in our Bucharest office.
You would be the Leader creating this team and implementing the projects in Romania.
Department overview: The IHS Markit Architecture and platform team is responsible for ensuring a cohesive architecture across the different products in the Financial Markets division, developing and providing a shared services platform that can be used by different products. It is also responsible to investigate and explore new technologies (such as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Machine Learning) with both keeping with the current trends and applying them to the products across the firm.
Position summary:The Senior Developer is required to develop and support the new DLT platform and product. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. The platform enables enterprise use of DLT technologies by wrapping core DLT such as Ethereum with additional services to enable its use by other enterprise applications. Knowledge and experience in enterprise systems particularly using Spring Boot and deployed in the Cloud will be understanding of current Blockchain technologies (particularly Ethereum) and a knowledge of the finance domain will be a plus.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work with remote teams in New York and India,
- Mentor local team on technology and other work related aspects.
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Develop tools to support and optimize the development and deployment of the DLT platform.
- Work with testers to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
- Drive innovation and adoption of best practices.
- Work with product teams and clients to enable best use of the DLT service.
ducation and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of Java environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Java as well as working knowledge of Angular. Should have good experience working on server system systems developed using Spring Boot and Angular.
- Should have good design skills for distributed systems and architecture – preferably with Microservices.
- Experience with databases in particular Postgres, Oracle and SQLServer.
- Experience with a distributed version control system (github/gitlab preferred).
- Experience with Linux, Docker, AWS, DevOps.
- Knowledge of Blockchain / DLT technologies such as Ethereum would be a plus – particularly experience in Solidity.
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What We Look For
- Agile development, testing, and deployment expertise
- Experience in Java including Spring Boot
- Distributed version control system experience (Git preferred)
- Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins
- Operating in a developer-empowered environment where software delivery teams deploy and monitor their applications throughout the application lifecycle
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
• Full-time position, 40 hours/week, Undetermined period contract
• Flexible schedule
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
• Restaurant Tickets
• Private medical subscription
• Parking place