Knowledge and experience
Minimum of 10 years of JAVA/J2EE experience with strong hands-on skills, solid understanding of Spring dependencies, Redis caching principles & implementation, spring security, EH Cache principles & implementation, OSGI framework.
Experience in open id connect specs and SSO platform experience.
Nice to have knowledge of AWS utility tools, DEVOPS tools and AEM.
Deep knowledge of browser compatibility, response web design, application Servers, unit testing frameworks
Solid knowledge of the entire application development life cycle including configuration management practices and procedures
Strong understanding of software design patterns and methodology
Flexibility, energy and ability to work well with others in a virtual, geographically dispersed team environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to IT and business leaders
Demonstrated ability to stay current with development best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, and industry trends
Experience with formal software development methodologies, with a focus on Agile
· Telco or related industry experience
· Proven experience working on large scale digital/transformation projects
· 5+ years’ experience leading a team (5+ resources)
· 3+ years’ digital experience (Web, digital channels, marketing)
· Experience across e-commerce platforms and technologies Business/context – must have
· Telecom experience
Nice to have
· Knowledge of ‘as is’ OUK and TMUK delivery processes
· Previous experience working for EE
Skills and knowledge
· Planning & Organising – having clear and regularly updated project plans and RAID logs are key to ensuring all supplier individuals and organisation are aligned to delivering projects
· Working Collaboratively – builds strong and sustainable relationships cross functionally to enable alignment of work
· Influencing & Persuading – ensuring the entire project team understands the importance of hitting deadlines and delivering quality work with the end customer always in mind.
· Delivery of Results – continued focus on delivery Project & Programme Delivery KPI’s which will be linked to individual and team objectives
· Focusing on the Customer – both internally and externally. A project is not delivered until the business accepts it has delivered against objectives and the end customer is not negatively impacted by the change
· Corporate governance –preparation for formal boards and documentation for undertaking gate moves