The automotive industry is undergoing massive transformation – a digital transformation. Software, connectivity and cloud-connected services are redefining the driving experience. Here at Telenav, we’re proud and excited to be a part of this transformation. We started with in-car navigation and location-based services over a decade ago and are now enabling leading automotive companies like GM, Ford, Toyota and Mercedes to redefine the overall connected car digital experiences.
We are looking for a Java developer for Big Data projects. Join our team and help us develop Java applications for location-based services and mapping products, which will be used on the web, Android, iOS and automotive applications.
- Solve problems applied to a “Big Data” / SQL environment following company development standards
- Use best practices to deliver high-quality code and ensure the quality of the code for the whole project
- Implement unit, functional and performance tests
- Request and conduct code reviews
- Write and maintain technical documentation relevant to the project
- Participate in all phases of development (specification, design, development, maintenance)
- Experience in Java development (5 years+)
- Experience with Spark and Apache Hadoop
- Technical or computer science degree or a similar qualification
- Strong skills in deadline management and ability to work in a team environment
- Fast learner and adaptable to changing the environment
- Analytics and design skills
- Good communication skills (English) - both verbal and written
ADDITIONAL SKILLS THAT ARE CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Experience in working with large amounts of data
- Experience with PL/SQL or T-SQL or any other DB programming language.
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with GIS/maps
- Experience with Linux administration commands
- Experience with Jenkins or any other CI/CD System.