Senior Internal Controll - Accounting
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Société Générale European Business Services is looking for high standard professionals ready to commit on a long term basis, offering at the same time a wide variety of features such as expertise, challenging development opportunities in an international environment and the joy of a strong spirit.
• Check the quality and exhaustiveness of accounting controls all through the process of production from the Front Office, to the Back Office and Accounting production
• Quarterly review the consolidated reporting of the results of accounting controls to the Group
• Remedial action plan follow-up on anomalies identified each quarter and residual risks still on-going
• Anomalies identification and improvement : coordination with Group Central/Regional/Local Team in charge of level 2 mission to have a global view on our processes
• Steering normative accounting standards for his perimeter
• The NAC Controller will also participate to the quarterly meetings with external auditors if necessary
• Testing mission on the correct application of accounting norms (IFRS & French) through specific thematic identified as risky for Group Financial Statement
• Control the level 1 quality framework for accounting, regulatory, and financial information
• Challenge the quarterly accounting certification and its results
• In charge of the anomalies and action plans follow-up between each accounting closing
• Strong contribution during the accounting closing with investigation and review of any closing issued and anomalies identified by external auditors
• Assistance to Finance Division and Internal Auditor on accounting standards with the help of Norms Experts
• Good analytical skills including capacity to investigate and answer questions independently
• Continuous improvement oriented by suggesting improvements to processes and/or tasks
• Good communication with the client and the different stakeholders
• Ability to communicate and build good relationships cross functionally/countries
• Rigourous in order to perform a rigourous analysis of the control framework
• Ability to respond quickly to the changing environment
• Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
• Detailed oriented person, hands-on attitude, well organized
Knowledge, studies and experience:
• Proven experience on external audit and added experience in an Accounting or Regulatory department is a plus
• Knowledge of IFRS and consolidation principles
• Experience with corporate/financing/retail banking
• Academy of Economic Studies graduate, preferably Finance/Accounting
• Advanced English speaker, French medium
• Advanced level of Excel knowledge
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience
- Promotion possibilities and development of a career plan
- A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere
- Yearly bonus per company policy
- Type of the contract – undetermined period
- Other benefits
All the candidates that fit the above requirements are invited to apply online. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview, the rest of the applications will be stored in the database of the company for future opportunities.
For more job openings please visit our website and register your CV in our database to be eligible for current or future job openings.
Société Générale European Business Services is a player in the shared service center market and delivers high added value services in various fields of activity for worldwide entities of the Group (finance/ accounting, procurement, human resources and IT). The company is currently serving over 20 countries mostly across Europe for all major business lines of the Société Générale Group.
The Finance Shared Service Center of Société Générale European Business Services, launched in, now counts more than 350 staff delivering services for more than 300 client entities.
The team’s activity consists in delivering two important kinds of processes: accounting – namely Group reporting in IFRS, statutory and regulatory reporting on top of the permanent supervision activities and related set of control; and Account Payable and Travel& Expenses, with teams specialize in optimizing all procure to pay activities.