Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Generalist at our manufacturing site in Craiova.
You will support the HR function in line with key business objectives, ensuring that the HR Department is a valued and well regarded resource for managers and employees on site. There are up to 900 individuals onsite in a variety of functions including; Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, IT and HSE.
As the Senior in the team, you will play an integral role by providing operational support on complex issues as well as contributing a fresh approach to strategic challenges to support the HR Manager.
This is the perfect role for you if you are looking for a role which has a lot of variety and offers collaboration with engaged business partners and union representatives.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Provides support on broad range of HR processes such as; comp and ben, headcount forecasting, different people data analysis; performance management, succession planning, right environment strategy, collective labor contract management, integrates activities across processes as needed, etc.
- Advises organizational and functional leadership on compliance with key hr policy and legislative requirements.
- Define qualification requirements and selection criteria for open positions using Cummins tools and employ objective selection processes that meet compliance requirements.
- Guide Hiring Managers in assessing and evaluating candidates against pre-determined job specifics and Cummins common criteria; ensuring timely hiring outcomes.
- Guide group discussions by creating an active environment where questions are posed, perspectives are shared, and debates occur with the goal of gaining understanding, analyzing issues, resolving conflict, exploring solutions, or making decisions.
- Act on people data to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with company HR related policy and legislative requirements.
- Build constructive relationships with employees and other stakeholders; reinforcing consistent application of Cummins standards and applying knowledge of employment and labor laws.
- Influence and guide leaders on a wide range of HR matters (investigations, disciplinary, grievance, performance and sickness absence), applying careful judgement to assess the risk of each case so you can escalate through the right channels at the right time
- Utilize interpersonal skills, sound judgment and investigation tools/process to resolve reported violations of Cummins standards in a way that promotes our values and ethical principles. Conduct effective interviews, and analyze information; clearly articulating findings and recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration by partnering with shared services and corporate human resources; develops and implements workforce compensation recommendations.
- Interpret information relying on knowledge of business or functional frameworks, and leverage analytical problem-solving tools to draw conclusions and communicate meaningful patterns that drive business insights; assessing quality of data as an initial step of the analysis.
- Collaborate with business leaders in applying business and Human Resources functional knowledge to interpret the business environment. Identify and prioritizes current and future problems requiring solutions; structuring clear problem statements, breaking down issues into smaller, meaningful and manageable components that when addressed, provide a holistic solution.
- Manage the execution of Human Resources business processes, seeking efficiency, accuracy, positive business performance outcomes and operational agility. Integrates activities across processes as needed; assuring compliance with process and legal requirements.
- Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
To be a success in this role you will need:
- Substantial HR experience is required, preferably within a manufacturing environment but other industries will be considered.
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Proven generalist HR experience at senior advisor level; or HR Manager in a smaller business.
- Understanding and practical application of Romanian Employment legislative framework such as; Labor Code Law and Dialogue Law.
- Expansive knowledge of HR processes and procedures, . Comp&Ben, Performance management, restructuring, harmonization activities, Talent selection, leavers, absence management etc.
- Work on own initiative to deliver projects and implement new initiatives.
- The ability to analyze and manipulate high volumes of data for reporting purposes.
- A high level of communication skills with the ability to navigate through sensitive and complex scenarios.
- Must be a confident communicator in English (including spoken and written) as well as Romanian.