Senior General Ledger Accountant with Russian
Remote job (the activity is performed from home)
* all languages are compulsory
BAT ROMANIA IS LOOKING FOR A SENIOR GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT WITH RUSSIAN
SENIORITY LEVEL: Specialist
LOCATION: Bucharest, Romania
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of GBS ENA.
The role is responsible for bank accounts clearings, journal postings, fixed assets transactions, month/ year-end closing activities (bank and balance sheet reconciliations).
Reports to: Team Leader
Geographic Scope: Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Kazakhstan
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Contributing to the effective and timely delivery of General Ledger and Fixed Assets activities, including month and year end closure activities, routine journals, provisions, accounts reconciliation ensure all the requests are actioned within the agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Supporting the alignment within GBS of the multiple General Ledger and Fixed Assets processes for existing migrated end markets or for new ones within a migration process
- Supporting the other team members by analyzing and eliminating inefficiencies in processes when requested
- The financial analyst will perform specific tasks assigned by the manager related to integrity, quality and accuracy of the process
- Ensuring that all Reconciliations are completed on time with full supporting information
- Daily/weekly/monthly duties to be completed according to the department timetable
- Performing analysis in an accurate and timely manner, driving open items reduction; maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in agreed global targets
- The activities/processes and procedures are performed/applied in accordance with the GBS guidelines
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes in GBS
- Ensure 100% compliance to Sox for controls in scope
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
Do you enjoy working with Excel and wish to expand your career in Finance & Accounting?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience.
- Finance/ Economic background.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (especially Excel).
- Good level of English & Russian communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and individually.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer withBAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
- Online interview
- What are your salary expectations in RON net per month?