Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
Remote job (allows the activity to be fulfilled from home, permanently or temporarily)
Ergeon aims to become the #1 trusted provider of tech-enabled home improvement. This rapidly growing, $250B+ US market is hampered by many inefficiencies that create a stressful, time-consuming customer experience. As tech-powered pioneers in this space, we provide an amazingly better experience using software, data, and industry expertise.
Ergeon was founded and is run today by two CS serial entrepreneurs that share a deep passion for utilizing technology to improve how people work. We create innovative technologies that help consumers, contractors, and our all-remote staff excel.
We have a fast-growing and diverse team spread across 30+ countries today. We go to great lengths to ensure that our workforce, everywhere in the world, has access to career growth, an amazing work culture, and great benefits. Join us to revolutionize the construction industry!
Overview of the Role
We are looking for a smart and enthusiastic fullstack engineer to join our development team. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests, as well as building customer-facing and internal features for our applications. This includes working on our backend and API development, developing a friendly and responsive UI, helping build out our React/Redux architecture, and continuously improving our tech stack for optimal performance. We’re prioritizing finding someone who has the proven ability to learn quickly and the drive to do so.
- Create scalable and robust backend architecture and APIs
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software
- Implement responsive and well designed UIs
- Write highly organized, maintainable code
- Provide mentorship to peers and junior colleagues
- Annual salary between $37-$50 thousand USD, depending on experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Python, Django, and Django REST Framework
- Some SQL experience
- Eagerness to learn new things and able to do so quickly
- Deep care for user experience and producing high quality code
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Availability during the morning Pacific Time (6am-10am)
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team
Nice to have
- Experience with React/Redux
- Docker experience
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development process
- Stock options
- Flexible paid time off (PTO)
- $200 reimbursed annually for learning, software/hardware or workplace improvements and fitness related spending
- Headset reimbursement
- Laptop replacement of up to $2,000 reimbursed after 1 year of full time work and every 3 years after