For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are hiring a Senior Front-End Software Engineer.
In this role you will develop/maintain front-end UIs for our global registers using the latest cutting-edge technologies. You’ll also contribute your skills constructively as part of agile, cross-functional squads throughout the product delivery cycle.
What you'll do
- Design and implement the Verifone mobile POS application as per product roadmap
- Aid in designing and implementing a more advanced software infrastructure
- Help create a new automated test and deployment system
- Take over from the current position holder
- Analyse the current system, draw up test plans, generate and execute multidiscipline tests (unit, contract)
- Mentor and coach other developers on your team
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Ability to make design and technical decisions for Angular projects
- Ability to perform product analysis and development tasks of complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis
- Ability to investigate problems and get conclusions
- Ability to translate SRS into software design
- Unit testing experience
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience in using MS office as well as drawing tools
- A self-motivated personality and fast learning abilities
- Good multi-tasking skills and the ability to deliver in a dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- Payment domain knowledge
- Software industry experience preferably in a POS, integrated, or embedded systems environment
- Practical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols family
- Cyber security experience (network, e-tokens)
- Experience in development of software for embedded systems
- Knowledge of payment systems and related technologies like ISO, EMV etc.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription