Senior front-end developer (Remote Working Poss)
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
, Hungarian - Advanced
Monthly net salary
1000 - 2000
Octopus is looking for a talented, design-focussed front-end developer to take a part in planning, building and maintaining our Clients’ branded, content-managed and eCommerce websites.
Working in close partnership with back end developers, you will provide front end project leadership to other in-house and offshore developers across our core PHP and .NET solutions to deliver exceptional user experiences and interactions.
- You will be joining a growing team of developers and will work closely with our design and UX departments on a variety of new and existing digital projects.
- Work closely with back end developers to ensure seamless integration and final
products that are true to the creative vision.
- Work closely with Project Managers, providing estimates and insights for new work, and providing technical support in their communications with the Clients.
- Follow the leadership of the lead developer, and write excellent code, taking ownership of the quality and accuracy of your work
- Minimum 2 years full-time (or equivalent) commercial front-end development experience.
- An expert in front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS3, SCSS / SASS
- Very clear understanding of programming design patterns
- Understanding of accessibility and assistive technologies
- Knowledge of web technologies and web best practices
- Comfortable working across the stack
- Knowledge of CMS and e-commerce platforms desirable.
- Setup and configuration of build processes: (. gulp, webpack etc)
- Good understanding of mobile device-oriented and cross-device development, cross-browser compatibility challenges, responsive and adaptive designs, web technology and standards evolution.
- Experience and methods for safely updating third-party vendor code
- Solutions-oriented thinking: always looking for the smartest or most appropriate solution to a problem, rather than jumping at the first answer
- Passion for software development and scalable architecture
- Confident user of version control and understanding of branching methods (. gitflow)
- A collaborative approach to working in teams.
- Confidence in communicating clearly and concisely with people who have varying levels of technical literacy.
- Good knowledge of SEO and Web Accessibility standards.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- What is Responsive Design
- What is SSR and where would you use it, what tools you would use in ?
- How would you go about optimizing your front-end project to be the most performant?