SENIOR FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Medium
Monthly net salary
1500 - 3000
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Store Intelligence is seeking an exceptionally talented and productive Senior Firmware/Software Engineer with strong domain knowledge in wireless LAN. Our small team of system / firmware engineers are at the centre of our new product definition, architecture, and design. You will be a key contributor to our system architecture and Firmware team and you must be able to independently develop firmware for wireless systems, Electronic Shelf Labels (ESLs) that meets our challenging low-cost, low-power, and small-footprint requirements.
Expertise & Experience Requirements:
- 10 or more year’s industry experience developing embedded firmware and Linux software
- Expert C and C++ programming skills. C# experience is desirable.
- Extensive system architecture and system design experience. Proven ability to analyse and estimate performance, memory requirements, power dissipation, and system cost.
- Assembler coding expertise, preferably on ARM processors
- Windows & Linux development environments
- Deep understanding of common hardware interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB, UART, Ethernet, ..)
- Device drivers development experience
- Strong hardware knowledge (board schematics, part selection, memories, power ICs, microprocessors, FPGAs, ...). Able to review and critique board schematics.
- Experience working with Yocto is highly desirable
- Experience with Linux in an Embedded environment is required
- Experience working with and writing and/or debugging Linux device drivers is highly desirable
- Experience working with SOMs running Linux device drivers is highly desirable
- Experience working with SOMs running Linux is highly desirable
- Experience with Embedded Databases is desirable
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience working with embedded micro-controllers
- Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to learn what you need to know quickly
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- High productivity, dependability, quality, and on-schedule delivery
- Develop and maintain the firmware/software for Store Intelligence's current and next generation ESL Access Points
- Specify, document, code, review, debit, unit test and integrate with both End Products and the overall systems manager
- Perform performance, memory, and power analysis. Provide review and feedback on the hardware design
- Maintain and expand automated test cases. Document test cases and results.
- Schedule and track your project. Coordinate your efforts with other software and hardware engineers, managers, and marketing team
- BSEE/CS or Master's in CS or EE