Job title: Senior Finance Analyst - Exceptional Finance
Alternative job title:
Job tags: finance operations, senior financial analyst, finance
Job location: Bucharest, RO
Experience requirements: Mid-career
Workfield requirements: Financial Management
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Sector: Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
Locations: Romania - Bucuresti-Ilfov
What kind of work would you be doing?
· Provide complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for the Exceptional finance function, typically exercising a strong accounting understanding of the operations to determine the best accounting treatment of specific costs;
· Interpret the information (financial data, relevant financial legislation, financial policies etc.) to determine the impact of financial decisions and effectively translate to business leaders;
· Oversee IFRS16 process/ SOX and audit support;
· Provide financial support during the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process ensuring the business can meet its targets in an optimal way;
· Support cost optimization projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations;
· Support implementation of business-wide programs;
· Consult with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope;
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design;
· Work as part of a virtual team with the business, Centre of Excellence and Shared Service Centre to embed and sustain the Finance Operating Model.
What will you get in return?
As well as a meaningful career with the opportunity to really develop and display your skills and ideas, you will also receive support, progression, training and development.
As well as this and your salary, you will also receive an array of competitive benefits and an annual individual and company performance related bonus.
What are you waiting for? We are waiting for you…
What achievements should you have so far?
We think in order to add immediate value and to succeed in this role, you should have at least 6+ years of financial & accounting experience within some sort of corporate environment;
Proven experience in a finance controls and audit function (including relevant management experience);
Qualifications in business or economics; first level university degree with a focus in Accounting. Certification (., ACCA, CIMA, etc) preferred;
Experience in the technology industry and working in a large organization is preferred;
Experience of working for a US SOX-compliant company and related requirements (including identification, design, implementation and operation of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
What about you?
This is the most important part! We want to retain and build on our collaborative and engaging culture, so we need people to help us achieve this;
Of course, if you have at least 6+ years of financial & accounting experience, you will know all about finance principles, practices and tools;
Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area (IFRS16, SOX);
You need to be able to get your colleagues as excited about your activity as you are, so you need to be confident and persuasive. Being able to articulate the benefits and outcomes of your ideas is essential to gain buy-in.
Before we get into things further, thank you for taking the time to read our advert and for taking an interest in Micro Focus!
Who We Are
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
A bit about us:
It’s simple – we make our customer’s organisations better; whether we deliver a more streamlined overall infrastructure, a more efficient data storage solution, perhaps a cost effective cloud based application or maybe a user friendly software program or we could implement a groundbreaking, game changing overhaul of an entire organisation. Whatever we do, we do it well and we make changes that matter.
How could you help us do this?
We need a Finance Analyst for our Exceptional Finance function in Bucharest. The new colleague will partner with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. You will gather financial data and perform financial analyses and reporting (., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (., Exceptional Projects, Mergers & Acquisitions, Other projects). Drive the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Ensure strong business controls.