Senior F5 System Engineer (CIM/SRL/PFA)
Senior (5-10 years)
Gross salary / month
3500 - 3700
For our global connectivity team we are looking for an Senior F5 System Engineer who will be responsible for leading the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of F5 appliances; oversees the configuration, operation, and administration of F5 appliances.
- Responsible for leading the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of F5 appliances; oversees the configuration, operation, and administration of F5 appliances
- Provide support to our customers and external providers.
- Mentor less experienced System Administrators.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the F5 appliances utilizing best practices of F5 technology along with other aspects of client security.
- Architect and engineer the F5 Local Traffic Manager, Access Policy Manager Application Security Manger modules.
- Collaborate with Network and Systems Administrators and other support teams for provisioning of Virtual Machines and/or installation of physical devices within the data center, and to ensure secure communication paths for traffic and remote management.
- Configure and maintain the cryptographic elements within F5 including crypto profiles, identification and validation credentials, encryption and signing keys, x509 certificates, and Hypertext Transfer PS front-side handlers, and advises on key rotation and certificate validation and renewal strategies.
- Develop iRules and apply rules within the F5 appliances.
- Troubleshoot and debug services using problem determination tools and logs provided with the F5 appliances.
- Conduct detailed research and recommend approaches for identity management and access control.
- Configure monitoring using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and off-box logging to Splunk-based Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Test F5 configurations in non-production environments to ensure they meet functional requirements.
- Implement reusable patterns and write scripts and programs to facilitate or automate configuration and administration tasks, deployment of applications and services, and migration of service configurations through development and testing environments, to production.
- Monitor firmware releases, security bulletins, and vendor notifications.
- Evaluates, recommends, plans, and applies firmware updates. Assist in the provisioning of user accounts, access groups, and application domains.
- Document operational policies and procedures based on established client requirements and security controls, industry-standard practices and vendor recommendations.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Five plus years of F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Access Policy Manager (APM), and Application Security (ASM) modules.
- Two plus years F5 Global Traffic Manager (GTM) / Big-IP DNS experience.
- Five years of experience with troubleshooting services on F5 appliances.
- Certified BIG-IP Administrator and/or F5 Certified Technology Specialist.
- Conceptual knowledge and experience on network automation based on Ansible and/or Phyton.
English speaking & writing skills
Someone willing to work with a team
Weekend OT work may be necessary