Senior Expert Databases & Middleware
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
The Senior Expert Database & Middleware is accountable for the provision of business relevant cloud and hybrid based database and middleware services combining analytical skills and design with adequate knowledge of software, hardware and cloud technology, knowledge and abilities in using software tools and programming languages in order to deliver effective and efficient IT Infrastructure services within and towards OMV Petrom and OMV Group, including the creation of architectural roadmaps, designing of solutions, testing, implementation and modification of the IT systems containing software as a main component.
The scope of duties for Job Holder include:
- Ensures Cloud and Hybrid Database and Middleware operations, building, operating and maintaining Database and Middleware services;
- Designs the Cloud and Hybrid Database and Middleware Roadmap based on concrete business needs, reflecting relevant technology developments;
- Coordinates and steers implementation and migrations from on-site to cloud, taking also fully into account change management and training aspects to ensure high degree of customer satisfaction;
- Implements and customizes technical solutions and processes and ensures technical service delivery through continuous knowledge exchange and best practice implementations. Participates in projects, gives technical advice and performs technical implementations in Hybrid and Cloud Database and Middleware area;
- Ensures governance, controls and operational best practices to ensure highly usable and stable workplace services for all end users;
- Continually provides input assessing the impact of emerging technologies against strategic IT developments enabling the business capabilities;
- Closely collaborates with relevant stakeholders ( Developers, Service Managers) to define software development and customization requirements. Supports the implementation of projects from an Database and Middleware perspective;
- Owns Key expert level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and supporting of the Digital Infrastructure & Hybrid Platforms Database and Middleware strategy;
- Coaches and trains a high calibre and diverse team of professionals;
- Further ensures the consistency and maintainability of new and existing IT Infrastructure environments by supporting the Department Manager in creating, maintaining, and enforcing technical standards, guidance and reference architectures.
- Master in IT&C with advance level of English (written, read and spoken);
- Relevant professional experience: more than 7 years;
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of systems, peripheral devices, and the most sophisticated information technologies; ITIL Service Managemnt certification;
- Advance knowledge of business specific IT&C areas: operating hybrid database and platform technologies; Agile Methodology;Project Mgmt Metodology; Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, proven experience in power hell scripting specific to database automation;
- Knowledge of devops practices and automation with focus on Microsoft Azure Devops, advanced knowledge in ITIL and IT security;
- Experience in rolling out and operating Oracle and DB2 technologies;
- User and application centric thinking and mindset, being able to identify and understand collaboration and productivity needs; deep understanding of infrastructure service technologies, also including cloud and onprem collaboration solutions;
- Experience in new technology evaluation and technical change management, experience in setting up technical designs and governance processes to balance usability and simplicity with richness of functionality.