Senior Expert Data Engineering
Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Senior Expert Data Engineer
The Job Holder is responsible for delivery of relevant software development services based on defined technical specifications, activities that combine analytical, architecture and database management skills in order to produce functional solutions based on requirements of beneficiaries in Downstream Oil and Downstream Gas Division as part of OMV Petrom group.
The job holder is responsible to prepare the source code and assembly of all relevant software components, including internal testing and validation in order to ensure complete adherence to technical specifications.
The Data Engineer Senior Expert is responsible to ensure within the organization the following:
- Responsible for building, managing and optimizing data pipelines in Downstream Business of OMV Petrom Group
- Responsible for moving data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers.
- Responsible for compliance with data governance and data security requirements for all data pipelines in Downstream Business of OMV Petrom Group
- Conducts advanced data analytics and complex designs algorithm.
- Responsible to develop the analytical context in order to reach the business objectives;
- Responsible to monitor performance, maintain data quality and accuracy of the analytical context
- Responsible to raise flags where the data consistency or quality is at risk.
- Responsible to recommend improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings including new information
- Master’s degree or equivalent education along with advanced occupational experience in the related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in data engineering and international experience
- Solid knowledge of data architectural design
- Solid knowledge of data cleaning and manipulation techniques
- Fluent in English language, capable of writing well in English and holding discussions and meetings with non-Romanian parties.
- Strong leadership and analytical abilities, negotiations and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
- Strong programming skills such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java and statistical modelling like SAS tableau or R
- Experience in working with tolls like: Power BI, Spotfire or Tableau
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and cloud services in general.
- Experience with data pipeline, workflow management and stream-processing systems tools.
- Technical expertise with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.