Middle (2-5 years)
English - Medium
Senior Engineer for VNI CE SW Platform Deployment – TSR
Do you want to be part of the team that builds the cars of the future? If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
Vehicle Telematics Systems are one of the fastest-growing components of the automotive industry. We develop a set of software applications for passenger vehicles that offer a series of services for the end user, like:
- eCall – automatic emergency call in case of vehicle crash;
- Stolen vehicle tracking;
- Remote Diagnosis – enables vehicle diagnosis without the need to bring the car to the garage;
- SOTA – Software Updates Over the Air for any ECU in the vehicle;
- Remote control: doors open / close, engine start / stop from mobile phone apps;
As part of a multi-skilled agile team, you have the possibility to contribute to the next generations of Vehicle Telematics Services, using the latest technologies in order to satisfy our most demanding customers.
- Analyze customer requirements;
- Implement/update the SW components in your responsibility;
- Use the agile tool chain: Git, Gerrit, Jira, Jenkins, etc;
- Test your components before the integration. Make sure that the SW product covers all SW & performance requirements for your component;
- Analyze problem reports and provide technical guidance or a hot fix Experience in technically guiding stakeholders in reaching a conclusion to relevant topics;
- Take part in the relevant project planning and estimation process;
- Perform reviews of software architecture, design and code;
- Be an active member of an agile development team (SAFe).
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University Degree (Electronics, Computer science or equivalent);
- Advanced embedded C programming, Communication protocols (GSM, Dbus, Ethernet SPI, etc), good understanding of Micro-controller & Hardware Basics;
- Experience in development of components for embedded system (SDLC-SW development life cycle, Agile development process, Continuous Integration & Testing);
- Good knowledge in areas: booting, firmware update, diagnosis;
- Technologies: CAN, UDS, SPI, TCP/IP, micro-controllers, flash memory;
- Programming areas: partitions, memory allocation/ optimization/ mapping, communication stack/ protocol, real time systems, possible SW components integration;
- Good knowledge in Software and Component Integration and hot fix deployment
- Operating with catalogs (diagnosis, commands, errors, etc), frames, traces, debugger, binary file format, endianness, use drivers;
- Ability to learn quickly & good communication skill;
- Advanced English writing and speaking skills;
- Domain knowledge that would be nice to have: Legislative Emergency Calls, Linux BSP, TVIP, V2X.
What we offer
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work, and sabbaticals.
Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management, Research and Development
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, . hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.