Senior Embedded Software Developer
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
A Senior Software Engineer in this position will focus their time designing, developing and testing software for complex embedded devices. As a Senior SW Engineer they will be expected to be a core member of the team leading the effort on few projects, contribute on other projects and, more importantly, mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of real time operating systems such as OSEK; complex device driver development; and AUTOSAR software component development. Besides these, they should have a strong domain expertise in Non-volatile Memory and Diagnostics. He/she should also have solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
What You Will Do
• Develop production ready software following a defined software development process.
• Analyze specifications, develop unit designs and unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality.
• Develop, configure and integrate software for telematics product(s).
• Study and understand requirements for specific project/programs and be able to translate them to BSW configuration with tooling from Vector (like DaVinci Developer, DaVinci Configurator) and other similar AUTOSAR stack.
• Develop CDD drivers for AUTOSAR applications
• Understand the various features provided by AUTOSAR BSW modules and configure BSW modules in DaVinci Configurator or similar tools
• Understand the AUTOSAR application (SW-C) configuration and the interaction of AUTOSAR applications (SW-C) with the underlying BSW modules
• Understand the functionality of RTE, mapping of application entities with BSW module parameters, OS scheduling concepts, ECU and BSW module state changes
• Understand the AUTOSAR methodology (ECU extract contents, import of ECU extract into configuration tool)
• Understand the flow of the AUTOSAR software from application until the underlying driver.
• Get exposed to variant management concepts
• Prepare guidelines and standards for AUTOSAR software development
• Work with software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc.).
• Read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
• Use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
• Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
• Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
• Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development
What You Need
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing.
• 5+ years of C or other structured language.
• 5+ years of AUTOSAR experience (configuring BSW with DaVinci configurator, AUTOSAR SW-C configuration using DaVinci Developer, AUTOSAR integration)
• 5+ years of Automotive embedded systems development and testing
• Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
• Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, Ethernet, LIN).
• Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
• Experienced with project schedules.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
• 2+ years of experience with ASPICE
What is nice to have
• Familiarity with non-volatile memory drivers and automotive diagnostics
• Experience with vehicle networking (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
• Experience in developing or working with AUTOSAR applications, configuration of BSW, MCAL modules and development of CDDs
• Experience with micro controllers TC3xx
• Experience with micro controller based development with AUTOSAR OS (OSEK) or other embedded RTOS
What We Offer
• Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customer
• Attractive salary package
• Training on the job and extensive technical trainings
• Further career development opportunities
• A great package of additional benefits, such as:
o Flexible working time
o Medical subscription
o Free parking spaces
o Meal tickets
o Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
o Bookster account
o Gym subscription, and much more...
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()