We are looking for a creative and analitically-minded individual who can write flawless articles, build the company’s editorial strategy and track the performance of their team’s work.
The Senior Editor at Studyportals willl work with a compact editorial team to write content for students worldwide who are seeking options in international education. You’ll also review the articles your colleagues write, and make sure the large database of articles already written is up to date with the latest research and information.
Your main goal will be to attract students from Google and convert them to users of our websites. We will need your critical thinking and insights to decide what new content opportunities we are missing with the help of keyword analysis. You will have to design a strategy to fill in content gaps and beat the competition, using specialized SEO tools. Once projects are implemented it will be your responsibility to track the results and adjust strategy based on positive outcomes.
You will coordinate strategies with the company’s product teams and help them build the right types of pages to present the content that you write. It’s up to you to make SEO recommendations based on the rules of the latest Google updates.
You’ll be part of the company’s rag-tag group of marketing wizards in the Student Marketing team and allign with the department’s priorities and goals.
What you say to your friends when they ask what you do: “I write clear and inspiring content for students worldwide, helping them navigate the largest global education search platform.”
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Literature, Communication or relevant field
- Are familiar with SEO tools like SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Console, or similar
- Have 5 years of strong writing skills (blogging, content writing, SEO, journalism, PR)
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can challenge old perspectives based on strong reasoning
- Are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Have strong attention to detail
- Are open to and enjoy working in an environment of direct, constructive feedback
- Are aligned with company’s mission and core values ()
- International study experience
- Microsoft Excel/GoogleSheet skills
- Online Marketing Skills
- Technical SEO knowledge
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Competitive salary, including a bonus scheme + meal tickets;
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- Budget for arranging your home office;
- Opportunity to work from home (currently working 100% from home until further notice);
- 25 holiday days per year;
- Private medical clinic subscription;
- Free Bookster account;
- Informal, entrepreneurial and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated;
- A company environment that is serious about having fun with almost everything we do, including regular memorable team events and a wide range of games and activities during lunch time or after work;
- The opportunity to make our world a little better and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the world market is desperately waiting for.
- Online interview
- Can you tell us what are your salary expectations?