Senior DevOps Engineer (Web & Mobile team)
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Medium
As we expand our e-commerce platform and accelerate growth, we are looking for a passionate DevOps engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with software development teams and product owners to build and improve the systems that support our web & mobile platform.
- Configure and tune a variety of services in order to increase system stability, performance and security;
- Develop, maintain and improve automation for all our systems;
- Capacity planning and performance tuning for high traffic events;
- Get involved in designing and implementation of new features;
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support for internal teams;
- Identify repetitive issues or tasks, and focus on automation and implementation of permanent solutions;
- Continuous improvement of monitoring and alerting system.
- Very good knowledge of Linux environments;
- Good knowledge of web services and technologies (nginx, fastcgi, php-fpm, varnish, haproxy);
- A solid understanding of application code release management, automation, high availability, load balancing and caching concepts;
- Experience with CI/CD tools and concepts;
- Good knowledge of regular expressions and shell scripting;
- Experience with at least one scripting language (python, ruby, php, perl);
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (grafana, graphite, statsd, sensu, ELK stack, prometheus, NewRelic, etc.).
Will be a plus - experience with:
- Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Consul, Vault, Packer
- Running Docker and Kubernetes in production;
- Public cloud platforms - AWS, CGP, Azure, etc.;
- Relational or non-relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis)
- Search engines (ElasticSearch, SOLR, Sphinx).
At eMAG, we are constantly moving forward and we love what we do. If you are passionate about your job, whether it’s offering consultancy to a customer or writing a code line, and you aim high, then you belong in our team.
We provide you with the best development programs to improve both your soft and job specific skills, but it is you who decides what you want to learn and where you want to go. The possibilities are endless.
We know benefits are important, that’s why we provide you with a full range of them. And because we like to share, at the beginning of your journey in eMAG we offer you a free course of e-commerce, just to put you up to speed. :)