Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote job (the activity is performed from home)
Amach is an industry-leading software automation company located in Dublin. We are currently recruiting strong Senior DevOps engineers to join our team.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the CI/CD systems for our enterprise customer within AWS. The person should have a passion for learning new technologies, be a strong supporter of best practices. The successful candidate will work with top engineers on challenging and exciting software projects.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Ensuring that the advantages of cloud technologies are fully leveraged
- Develop clear understanding of governance and team roles and responsibilities
- Identify where our clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs.
- Setup and manage production operations ensuring environment stability and uptime
- Implement a pro-active monitoring solution
- Help optimise infrastructure cost
- Help align with the Development and DevOps team toolsets
- Work collaboratively with the Development, Test, Operations and Release team
Key Competencies/Skills Required
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role
- Experience in AWS and cloud technologies
- Experience applying software dev practices to infrastructure deployment.
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices based applications in AWS.
- Experience migrating from hosted traditional stack to a cloud-based stack.
- Experience developing docker solutions in AWS: EKS, ECS.
- Exposure to Packer, Terraform, Ansible,
- Experience with native AWS services like WAF, API GW, Lambda
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud security, IaaS & PaaS architectures, DevOps, SRE and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of J2EE, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Systems
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum teams
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
- AWS Certification is desirable
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing company
- Options for career advancement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment