Senior Data Analyst
Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25-years of experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence, we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
The Digital Operations team ensures smooth communication among several teams of the organization, aiming to facilitate information flows across the research value chain.
The Team’s Main Operational Functions
- Support the client relations team to address clients’ requests and inquiries with respect to specific research needs.
- Manage, from a business perspective, the data related to the researched entities that are provided by our products.
- Work closely with the ICT teams to provide the necessary technical configuration of the internal and external platforms and tools.
- Facilitate process definition and validation of research information flows and handle complex cross-team issues.
- Lead ad hoc cross-team quality and efficiency improvement projects.
The Senior Data Analyst in the Digital Operations team will be involved in a broad range of tasks, combining independent work and collaboration with various stakeholders with the aim to deliver timely and high-quality research to clients. The main responsibilities for this position will be:
- Manage, from a business perspective, the data related to the entities that are the subject of our research and maintain them in all internal systems.
- Support the client relations team by providing information related to the research entities existing in our products, coverage of client or prospects’ portfolios by our research products and planning research according to clients’ needs. For this purpose, you will collaborate with colleagues from all over the world to ensure timely support for the company’s clients and prospects.
- Collaborate with ICT teams to provide the necessary configuration of the internal and external tools and platforms to enable access for specific stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in the company to innovate the way we deliver data to achieve operational excellence.
- Good knowledge of Python (at least two years of experience).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Being a Team Player; with a positive attitude; willingness to roll up the sleeves and deep dive into finding answers to simple yet multiple layered questions and providing solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to work towards fast-moving, strict deadlines, that are set with high-quality standards.
- Flexible mindset with a strong ability to adapt to constantly shifting business requirements and needs
- Proficient business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English);
Nice to have
- Master or bachelor’s degree in related discipline - business, finance, science, or ICT.
- Project Management background is highly appreciated.
- Knowledge and understanding of the services industry (preferably the financial service industry in combination with the SRI/RI market).
- Passion about global sustainability issues like environment protection or human rights.
- Knowledge about Capital Markets, Finance.