KPMG in Romania is one of the world’s leading providers of Audit, Tax and Advisory services. At KPMG we run our firm just as effectively as we support and strengthen our clients’ businesses. That means hiring talented people to help develop and manage our brand, publish our thought leadership, control our finances, run our IT infrastructure, and support our professionals in the field.
KPMG in Romania offers great opportunities to build a successful career.
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career, you choose to inspire confidence and empower the change around you.
KPMG ’s vision is to recruit extraordinary people and build extraordinary professionals.
We are currently seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Transaction Services Team in Bucharest.
What will you do?
- Prepare financial analyses on Income Statement and Balance Sheet (data processing, critical thinking in correlating accounting data, perform analyses to show relevant trends and conclusions)
- Review other business-related operational information (management reports, commercial contracts, financial agreements etc) and correlating them with the accounting information
- Formulate relevant questions in order to obtain a better understanding of the business and how this is translated into accounting records
- Present and explain the result of the analysis and sumarise key findings || proposed next steps
- Collaborate with tax specialists and lawyers and discuss relevant information that have impact across various streams
- Document the analyses in a succinct and clear way in a due diligence report
What are we looking for?
Professional background and knowledge
- Finance or accounting professionals with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Audit experience would be an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Structured and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Accounting knowledge (Romanian Accounting Standards), IFRS knowledge would be a plus
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English (most of the due diligence reports are in English)
- Curiosity and desire to learn new things
- Ability to connect business information with operational and accounting data
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work with a young team of professionals in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- You will broaden your understanding and experience on various industries (from real estate to funeral ☹ and sports 😊)
- You will have the opportunity to be creative in your day to day activity
What else is in it for you? What do we offer?
- A fast paced environment and an extraordinary team with great mentoring opportunities.
- The possibility to fulfill your potential through various training courses and gain additional professional qualifications.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Working at KPMG is also about happy people and an internal culture that supports employees in following their passions through various activities and events. We also have numerous benefits to support your health, a flexible working schedule and many more advantages
Confidentiality will be ensured to protect the interests of applicants.
Only preselected candidates will be invited to an interview.