The Global Data Center and Telecom Procurement, is seeking a Senior Category Manager for Data Centre and Telecommunications services covering the EMEA and JAPAC regions supporting Oracle’s Cloud expansion.
Organization: Global Data Center Procurement
The Global Procurement organization delivers sourcing, supplier management, and contract negotiation services to optimize spend and mitigate risk for Oracle. The Organization delivers these services globally in all countries where Oracle conducts business.
The Global Data Center & Telecom Procurement team manages regional and global initiatives that are designed to support Oracle data center, wireline, wireless, audio /video conferencing and remote access services. This is done in close collaboration with Oracle’s IT and Cloud organizations. The team is managing about $400 in annual spend.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Position will have project lead role.
The Senior Category Manager, part of the Global Data Center Procurement team’s job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgement and includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Leading and facilitating supplier contract negotiations (commercial and business terms) for Data Center and related Telecommunication services across the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and JAPAC (Japan and Asia) regions
· Managing existing contract portfolio for the above services
· Reviewing and dispositioning of supplier agreements inherited from Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities for the above services
· Managing supplier performance through Oracle’s Supplier Relationship Management Program
· Identifying, proposing, and implementing business process improvements
· Analyzing spend trends to identify cost savings opportunities
· Working closely with counterparts in all region relative to global strategies and initiatives
BA/BS and a minimum of 3 years within a similar role
Procurement experience including sourcing, cost/price analysis, contracting, and supplier management
Demonstrated track record of complex contract negotiations (focus on commercial and business terms)
Knowledge of the Data Centre and Telecommunication (wireline) industry is preferred
Demonstrated track record of managing programs/projects, meeting deadlines, and driving business process improvements.
Highly cultivated interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals both up and down the organizational hierarchy
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Proven ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on a regional, global, and/or virtual basis
Work independently and demonstrate sound judgment under high stress, time critical deadlines.
Confident, self-motivated, and driven to deliver business results
Have strong organizational skills and be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
Ability to meet stringent deadlines and able to work effectively in team environment.
Ability to deal with potentially confrontational situations with patience, diplomacy and tact.
Travel: Position will require limited travel, up to 10%.
Location: Position will be based in Bucharest