Senior CAD/PDK Engineer
* all languages are compulsory
As a CAD/PDK Engineer you will use your understanding of integrated circuits and process technologies to implement specifications for process design kits (PDKs) and design automation.
You will develop and maintain in-house PDKs as well as install and customize external foundry PDKs. Both require close collaboration with design teams, technology development teams, and several groups within the CAD department. PDK development tasks will include creating and maintaining technology files, symbols, layout pcells, CDFs, netlisting, and callbacks. In addition, you will build test structures and run simulation, physical verification, and parasitic extraction to ensure proper model and verification deck integration.
You will be required to develop and maintain automation utilities using Cadence SKILL and LINUX scripting languages. You will also provide user support of the both the PDKs and the design capture and layout tools, to worldwide design centers and technical contractors. This will include providing user training, both in person and online, and maintaining web documentation.
Qualified candidate could have an opportunity to manage projects and lead a team.
- BS in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 8+ years of experience in related field
- Understanding of electronic fundamentals relating to front and back analog and mixed signal design methodology
- Experience with automation of Cadence IC tools and SKILL language programming
- Experience with PDK development and validation
- Experience with foundry PDK installation, customization, and qualification
- Experience with scripting in Perl and Python, Bash, or Tcl/Tk
- Ability to learn new technical skills and work in a fast paced, results oriented team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a fluency in English
- Ability to balance customer support requests with development tasks
- Familiarity with EDA tools used in IC design
- Experience with Design Data Management software is a plus
- Project and people management skills are desirable