We are a global firm, and as such, opportunities are provided to help us develop world class relationships with our clients and colleagues across the globe, as well as to help you with your own professional development and to meet your own personal needs. Worldwide, PwC has outlined the competencies that are expected for each of the grades in the business. That’s why a career with PwC gives you a diverse range of opportunities to work with top tier clients and industry leaders in an environment which inspires, motivates and rewards people to succeed.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Financial Services Assurance team with talented Senior Associates professionals.
Our Financial Services Assurance Practice, based in Bucharest, brings together specialists across the financial services industry to provide audit and non-audit services to a broad range of clients. Our clients include some of the most prestigious institutions in the banking, insurance, investment management and other non-banking financial institutions.
As a Senior Associate within the Financial Services Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
• Work on Audit engagements;
• Coordinate audit teams and act as a primary reviewer of the work of junior staff;
• Contribute to the development and growth of our practice and service operations;
• Develop existing and new client relationships;
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues and strategies to overcome them encountered when managing diverse teams and audit engagements; have a clear understanding of the firms commitment to creating value through quality.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Economics/Polytechnics/Mathematics with focus on accounting - part or completed ACCA is a plus;
• At least 2-3 years professional experience as a financial auditor or in a financial institution;
• Knowledge of the Romanian Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards;
• Good knowledge of the Romanian financial market and the Romanian business environment;
• Ability to produce quality work while meeting tight deadlines;
• Excellent written and spoken English and Romanian - other European languages will be considered a plus;
• Good team management skills with experience in supervising and developing junior staff;
• Strong analytical skills and organisational abilities;
• Self-motivated person, eager to acquire experience and build a career in a professional environment and with a strong team-work spirit.
Additional desirable experience includes:
• The ability to work under own initiative and in different and challenging environments;
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions;
• Specific banking or non-banking financial institutions sector experience;
• International experience beneficial but not essential;
• Knowledge of International Standards of Auditing.
Joining as a Senior Associate you can expect to be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging work. Your responsibilities would include:
• Providing audit services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services industry;
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients;
• Working as part of a team, liaising with both client and other specialist staff in the PwC practice to provide high quality client services;
• Providing an on-site coordination role for audit clients including the coaching and training of junior staff;
• Supervising teams and reporting directly to mangers.
• Interesting career development options and challenging assignments;
• A professional and team-oriented work environment;
• Great colleagues to work with;
• Up-to-date technologies and methodology;
• Professional development and training opportunities;
• International mobility and short term projects abroad.
Use of personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Legal basis for processing
We hold and processes your data based on a lawful basis (. provisions of the Labour Code) and in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment contract. We may also process some of your data in pursuit of our legitimate interest in recruiting you as a candidate. Where you consent to our use of your data for specific purposes we will process the data based on your consent.
In case of unsuccessful recruitment process we will hold your data based on your consent.
If your application is successful your data is saved for the implementation of the employment relationship, complying with statutory regulations. Application documents of unsuccessful candidates are deleted after six months at the latest. We ask for your consent before retaining your application documents in our applicant pool for a longer period.