The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Senior Audit Manager Mazars Belgium
Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job can be done remotely
Mazars Belgium seeks to appoint, ideally internally, a Senior Audit Manager who will mainly take the responsibility of a newly acquired mandate, the audit of UCB, a listed international pharmaceutical company with a turnover of 5bn€ in 35+ countries. The ideal candidate will lead a team of 10 and coordinate this audit at a global level.
- Coaching and supervision of and technical assistance to junior members of the audit team, including project-based performance assessments.
- Understanding risks and monitoring processes of our clients.
- Mapping of business and audit risks within the audit universe and consequential construction of relevant audit strategy.
- Appraisal and benchmarking of management assumptions and estimates in light of their relevance, adequacy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Understanding of the design and efficiency of the financial administration of entities and identification of control measures put in place, related to all financial systems and flows.
- Assessment of the adequacy of the design of the organisation structure in light of audit assertions and segregation of duties.
- Advanced financial analysis – historical and predictive – considering budgets and operational data, including key performance indicators.
- Process mining and advanced data analysis and mining related to accounts, registries and portfolio.
- Analysis of compliance with regulatory environment – IFRSs/BGAAP, Economic Law, Company Law, …
- Contribution to advisory projects in function of capacities and particular interests.
- Developing service proposals and initiating contacts with potential and existing clients.
- Execution of ad-hoc assurance and other related jobs.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business, (Commercial) Engineering, (Applied) Economic Sciences, Mathematics, Law….
- Proven experience in an audit environment, ideally in a major audit firm.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Speaks and writes fluent English, Dutch or French would be a plus.
- Expertise in financial analysis.
- Can explain complex concepts in a simple and understandable way to junior members of the team.
- Expertise in applicable regulations in audit.
- Can quickly get up to speed with Microsoft and other relevant programms.
- Team Spirit: Engages constructively with teams, puts forward ideas and solicits guidance.
- Leadership: Coaches teams and shares knowledge and expertise.
- Building Client Relationships: Communicates with clients and develops a relationship of confidence and trust.
- Business Development: Contributes to Business Development initiatives. Interacts with Mazars activities and services outside his/her town.
- Technical Excellence: Masters technical knowledge according to assignment, seeks other expertise when necessary.
- Managing for Results: Managing assignments, planning and designing attractive reports.
This will be a local contract in Belgium based in either Brussels, Ghent or Antwerp.
Mazars in Belgium is composed of 200 staff working in 6 offices (mainly Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp and 3 smaller offices), led by 13 partners and present in our main service-lines, with a particular focus on audit and tax.