Quipu is an IT consultancy and software development company that provides comprehensive end-to-end solutions for banks and financial institutions, from electronic payments to software systems. We are a 100% subsidiary of ProCredit Holding, the parent company of a group of banks that specialize in providing financial services for SMEs.
Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, Quipu currently operates from 8 regional offices around the world - in El Salvador, Ecuador, Ghana, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Ukraine, Russia and Romania - enabling us to promptly address the needs of a global customer base.
For our team in Bucharest, we are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer (m/f/d) to join our international team at the earliest possible date.
We have a vacancy for a self-driven, detailed oriented and passionate Senior Application Support Engineer, to become part of our team of specialists and hold responsibility for providing technical support for live application software, which is vital for our clients.
Expertise in planning application system upgrades, installation of new releases, and migration to new systems as well as the ability to identify obstacles and finding permanent solutions is expected.
Since our systems are live, you will work in an agile environment, collaborating with highly skilled people, therefore being able to work under pressure is crucial.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Second level support and maintenance of Line of Business banking applications that are essential to running a customer business
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Application Support team, work assignment and scheduling
- Arrangement of the application management and monitoring the applications throughout their life cycle
- Coordinate all activities of the release and deployment management process regardless of whether it is a project or a maintenance job. Schedule installation work to meet priorities and minimize disruption
- Follow guidelines to implement requests for change, avoiding service disruptions and adhering to service levels and information security requirements, apply change control procedures
- Coordinate and support the ongoing implementation projects
- Coordinate and analyze the technical tests of the new or changed software applications
- Providing technical direction and expertise in areas of request fulfilment and incident management in accordance to SLA
- Troubleshooting a complex transactional application system based on MS SQL
- Investigate, diagnose and solve application-related problems
- Contribute to business continuity, manage risks that could seriously impact IT services by reducing the risk from disaster events to an acceptable level and planning for the recovery of IT services
- Maintain knowledge database and ensure the structured documentation of processes, solution procedures, checklists
- Design, implement and maintain functional reports in Visual Studio, Reporting Services
- Communication with 3rd party vendors
- Consulting internal departments, end-user support
- University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of relevant IT experience, working with SQL database and SQL driven applications
- In-depth knowledge of application support as well as experience in scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft products and Microsoft SQL Server tools
- Understanding of core banking applications and banking business processes
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Strong in analysis and communication
- Self-starter, well organized and motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities
- Desire to learn and develop skills further
- Communicative, friendly, customer-oriented and a team player
- Responsible and reliable
- Willingness to mentor and coach other team members
- A substantial degree of flexibility, allowing for an autonomous approach to performing duties
- Challenging and varied work
- Flat management structure
- Long-term prospects with plenty of opportunities for development and growth
- Excellent team-oriented and international working environment