The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have a great opportunity for a Sr Advanced Project Engineer to join our Honeywell Connected Enterprise team in Bucharest! This position requests advanced process control (APC) and Process Optimization (PO) engineer with confirmed capability to function independently or with some supervision for projects delivery. You will take responsibility, alongside the Project Managers and project consultant, for all aspects of successful process optimization delivery including client contact, project engineering, scheduling and implementation.
- Lead technical design & delivery of process optimization solutions, in alignment with the customer requirements and to the full happiness of the client unlocking the targeted business value using state of the art technology.
- Lead the APC/PO project activities, ensuring agreement and acceptance from the customer including: Project Kick Off, Pre-Test & Tuning, Step Testing, Inferential development, Model Acceptance Testing, Commissioning & SAT.
- Conduct training to plant operations & customer engineering teams on Honeywell Forge APC suite of process performance solutions.
- Identify/solve process unit operations, software, and instrument problems. Build and implement new strategies to improve process efficiency, process control utilization & reliability.
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own field and other subject areas.
- Communicate with internal team regarding technical issues, raising these early in the project.
- Promote adjacent process performance solutions to asset performance management, process simulation & design, operator training / simulations, blending & movement automation.
- Communicates with Project Engineers, relevant Level of Business persons, external customers, contracts, Project Managers.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in process control and process optimization. Hands on application experience implementing Real-Time / Multi-Variable Optimization solutions in process industries including but not limited to Refining and Petrochemical.
- Hands-on experience with PID/APC monitoring applications. Expert experience with PID Tuning and implementation of Advanced Regulatory Control
- Programming languages (Visual Basic, CL, Fortran) & Data Historians (Uniformance PHD, OSI PI, IP21)
- DCS/Operator Stations (Honeywell Experion & TDC3000, Yokogawa Centum V/CS/CS3000, Siemens, Foxboro, ABB, Emerson & others)
- Strong knowledge of automation network architecture, integration strategies, HMI design.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Market specific training and ongoing personal development
- Career growth opportunities;
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development;
- International work environment;
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.