Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years' experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
About the Role
Our Senior Accountant will ensure the delivery of high-quality financial information and organize, and execute, various related workflows.
Organize and execute multiple financial administrative workflows (including across international offices) as an in-charge person for each entity at Sustainalytics.
- Responsible for preparing necessary journal entries for accounts payables invoices, payroll and expense forms;
- Responsible for processing bank statements, credit cards and petty cash;
- Responsible for processing and reconciliation of fixed assets and depreciation;
- Ensure that reports are reconciled to ledger balances and all designated accounts are under control and movements explained;
- Carry out general ledger quality control;
- Assist in monthly balance sheet reviews which are internally performed on groups locations;
- Support the development of policies, controls and business processes;
- Work together with statutory/external accountants to reconcile Group accounts to local accounts;
- Offer support in assisting external auditors during interim and final audit;
- Providing proactive, cross-functional support between finance, HR, administrative and operations staff;
- Be a dependable resource to the Chief Accountant, Controller and to global colleagues across international offices while taking an active role within special projects, as required.
- Professional qualification in Accounting and/or Finance;
- A minimum of 3 years’ finance and accounting experience – in a multinational context would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, tax legislation and operational processes;
- Relevant experience working with accounting software platforms and related processes;
- Meticulousness, analytical and attentiveness to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in English, level C1 is a must;
- Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.