We are looking for an enthusiastic, responsible and organized person to join the finance-accounting team to ensure appropriate control over company’s transactions to ensure accuracy of financial information.
You should be:
• Economic University Graduate, preferable specialized in accounting or finance;
• Experienced in Accounting preferably in Retail sector, for minimum 5 years;
• Advanced in using MS Office applications;
• Strong communicator, with verbal and written abilities, both, English and Romanian;
• Result oriented, problem solver, with attention to details.
You will be responsible with:
• Monthly accounts reconciliation and monthly accounts closing process to ensure accuracy of GL accounts both in lei and foreign currencies; books revaluation of foreign currency accounts;
• Monitor, control and book on profit centre's income and/or expenses, accruals and deferrals, making appropriate estimations based on existing contracts, historical information and ongoing transactions;
• Managing company’s obligations regarding local taxes, music licenses, environment taxes and other public authorities’ taxes and fees; offers support in finalizing authority controls and keeps track of company’s’ control and fines protocols reflected in unique control register;
• Responsible for operations related to loans, leasing and other transactions in relation with company’s financing activities, in order to ensure accuracy of bookings and management reporting needs;
• Daily and monthly preparation of cash-flow reports; operating payments in bank and submitting them for authorization as per approval from the invoice management system, ensuring that partners obligations are paid within contractual due dates;
• Reconciles sales and purchase journals with accounts to ensure each operation is properly considered for VAT calculation and offers support to Chief Accountant in preparation of VAT statements;
• Controls income and expenses to ensure consistency; monitors and controls non-deductible expenditures, takes care that appropriate documentation is prepared to support deductibility of expenditure and offers support to Chief Accountant in income tax statements preparation;
• Directly involved in annual inventory of accounts, preparing balance confirmations, checking and reconciling balances of synthetic and analytic accounts with internally generated sources of information, suppliers, tax authorities and other related or third parties to ensure their accuracy;
• Participates in company’s audit and control actions (statutory audit, audit for consolidation purposes, internal audit, internal control, fiscal audit) providing information and offering support related to managed area;
• Offers support in budgeting activities as required by the local management to comply with parent company’s deadlines related to the company’s budget;
• Prepares appropriate reports regarding the managed area as required by in line colleagues, by company’s management, by the parent company representatives and by third parties with company’s management approval;
• Fulfils any other tasks and requirements as required by company’s local management or by parent company’s representatives.
Koton is a Turkish fashion retailer, established in Istanbul in 1988. We are present in 30 countries, with over 500 magazines. Each year, Koton launches overmodels, in over 50 clothing collections.
Koton entered the Romanian market in 2007 with the opening of the first store; today we have 13 stores with approximately 300 Kotoniens working together to create a pleasant shopping experience for our customers.