Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
4000 - 5000
Location: Rome, Italy
Contract type: Employee / Freelancer
Contract start date: 1/15 December 2019
IdealStaffs is looking for talented SAP Administrator, willing to relocate to Rome, Italy.
The selected candidate will provide expert consulting services to one or more well-known international organizations part of the United Nations family.
We are looking for motivated, confident, determined, experts that can contribute and benefit many humanitarian missions of the UN. Your work will be greatly valued and appreciated helping to benefit many global causes.
Task and responsibilities:
- Perform SAP application installations, application of patches, upgrades and production support for multiple SAP products (. ECC, BI, SCM, Solution Manager, Enterprise Portal, PI, etc.).
- Perform upgrade of ECC systems to EhP8
- Perform database migrations from Oracle to HANA.
- Perform upgrade and migration assessment, including feasibility study and HW sizing.
- Work on reference architecture for SAP on HANA landscape, including HA and DR solutions
- Deliver required documentation for SAP Landscape architecture, SAP Upgrade and HANA sizing
- Monitor, identify and implement database performance improvements as required by the SAP systems.
- Work together with the OS and infrastructure administrators to ensure that the environment is adequately tuned for each SAP system and client.
- Configure monitoring and backup solutions. Schedule and monitor backup jobs
- Perform ad-hoc backups and restores, as required by authorised focal points
- Monitor and proactively tune all SAP systems and clients to ensure adequate performance as per established parameters.
- Conduct timely troubleshooting, incident management and resolution
- Report and coordinate product related issues with SAP and liaise with SAP as required for special actions such as access keys, etc.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures documenting the function, in coordination with the rest of the team
- Share knowledge with other SAP NetWeaver/Basis administrators and document all solutions as per standard formats
- Collaborate effectively with other teams on requirements gathering, process improvement and in the design, development, and implementation of an SAP architecture to promote a scalable, robust, and manageable environment.
- Provide technical guidance to SAP application development teams and assist with problem resolution.
- Analyze data access, integration, and storage requirements for the Oracle databases sustaining the SAP environments.
- Years of Experience: 6+ years Information Technology administration and support, preferably in a global environment with experience with Oracle database administration and Linux Administration.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working experience with latest versions of the following products:
- Mandatory: SAP components - ECC, BI, BO, SolMan, HA and DR systems. 4+ years of experience with Oracle database administration; 2+ years of experience with HANA database and Operating Systems administration, knowledge of Linux knowledge a plus.
- Working Experience on Ehp8 Upgrade on ECC
- Working Experience in database migrations from Oracle to HANA for SAP systems
- Good understanding of SAP Security
- Must have a good understanding of network concepts.
- Nice to have: SAP components – GRC, CRM, SCM, SRM.
- Working experience with DB export/import technique and homogeneous/heterogeneous system copy
- Experience in global SAP implementation programs a plus
- Able to understand and operate within complex technical environments
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and maintain a clear purpose while working under pressure
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across multiple time zones with others to support SAP applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- How soon are you available to start if selected?
- Are you willing to relocate to Valencia?