For one of our clients, a market leader in retail media, we are hiring a Sales Director.
The Sales Director will have an important role in setting up and developing the sales department and in acquisition of new clients.
· Lead the team of Sales Representatives to the best result;
· Determine the annual and quarterly sales targets for the team and negotiate these with the country manager. Ensure that all possible will be done to ensure that the sales targets will be reached;
· Handle the dividing of key accounts to sales representatives over the sales;
· Divide the group targets per sales person per quarter on the basis of personal individual capabilities and the potential of the allocated key accounts;
· Set other qualitative and quantitative goals for the year, separated for the branch and for individuals;
· Plan the sales strategy, evaluate progress on an ongoing basis and initiate corrective actions where necessary;
· In general manage the sales team and all operational activities related to it including the intercompany communication with the finance and the planning and installation department;
· Keep a Personal Development Plan (PDP) of each person in your team and provide twice per year a job assessment;
· Provide training of new staff;
· Approve and control bonuses and check invoices as initiated by the sales team;
· Supervise general Human Resource matters for the sales team;
· Personally handle the communication with some of the major key accounts;
· Review annually the pricing of the present media portfolio, review specific sales strategies for certain products, provide feedback to business developments on changes in the market;
· Conduct research on competitors ;
· Reporting to the Country Manager, company board and/or the CEO;
· Ensure that in case of one team member is able to temporarily take over the sales director activities for the time of the absence;
· Ensure that you have a person in place for the Talent Pool Process so that your own work is covered during absence due to holiday or sickness and so that the company can develop further with internal resources where possible;
· Ensuring that sales rules are understood and applied correctly by each team member;
· Review campaigns placed at competing networks;
· Check each month any seasonality sales opportunities and ensure sales to establish client contact in advance;
· Ensure proper introduction of new sales staff, provide them training and introduction materials, etc;
· Acquisition of new clients;
· Conduct PR activities to support segments that don’t sell well, to increase brand awareness, etc. Check what articles to be placed in what magazines, check updates on the press TAB on your website of your country. Send out the ‘In store this month’ flyer to selected customers.
· Experience in managing sales teams;
· Professional background in sales in FMCG/ Media/ Adverstising sector;
· Excellent analytical skills;
· Strong communication skills;
· Hands-on and entrepreneurial attitude;
· People manager skills;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
· Fluency in English.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted in a maximum of 3 weeks. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.