Associate Release Manager - HD Submissions
Entry (0-2 years)
Main Purpose of the Role
Partner with PLM Tech Ops Managers to manage the submission of EA content to First Party.
This includes coordinating the preparation, verification, and submission of software and metadata for all content and tracking and maintaining the content’s status in the PLM Digital Publishing JIRA and First Party Submissions JIRA database.
The RTO Associate Release Manager will work closely with EA’s First Party account managers, EA Certification & Compliance (EACC) groups and other key internal EA teams (PLM Franchise Ops, DiSCO, Real Time Operations (RTO), Commercial, Studio/QA, and Asia Ops) to ensure the efficient and timely release of EA’s content on First Party platforms.
The RTO Associate Release Manager will be part of a high-performing team that can provide cross-functional and cross regional support to ensure there is always coverage for projects in both the Central European and Pacific time zones. The RTO Associate Release Manager is expected to become an expert in their platform and provide support for all release management activities and guidance on First Party requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Project manage the metadata submission process. Partner with the GO RTO team in Hyderabad to ensure that all activities are executed effectively and to a high standard. Resolve issues and escalations raised by the GO RTO team as appropriate.
- Maintains effective, productive, and professional relations with First Party partner contacts for the platforms (typically release and/or account managers). Maintains a close partnership and professional rapport, constantly seeking to make process improvements where possible.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all business models (Subscription, EA Access, Digital & Packaged), Edition and Content planning processes including the materials required for smooth and successful submissions via collaboration with DiSCO teams, EACC test hubs/QA/Dev through to the First Parties. Also, able to assist with developing efficient and consistent use of the required tools (JIRA, GPMS). The role requires working with key stakeholders to ensure the most efficient workflow/process is implemented. Educates Studio, and drives change as needed to ensure submission processes are consistently error free.
- Works closely with GO Management to execute global submissions strategy such as supporting new business models including Subscription and EA Access and to align on ongoing initiatives, as well as daily operational topics.
- Liaises with colleagues within specific vertical to hand-off critical projects at end of day, as appropriate, facilitating global time-zone coverage on time critical projects.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all product schedule dependencies and needs on a global scale. Proactively engages studio personnel, GO PLM Franchise team, EACC Operations staff, and EACC Management to establish First Party bodies re-submission schedules and resolve conflicts before they arise. Strategically communicates with these teams as needed to achieve best outcomes. Attends and drives scheduling meetings. Alerts management when processes or policies are compromised, or product releases are at risk.
- Ensure maximum coordination and communication world-wide based GO teams; operate with a global focus.
- Provide on-site support for AAA titles in final cert stage
- Assist GO Management team to train and develop the GO RTO team into a best in class service organisation fully trained on specific toolsets for global territories; internalise submission deliverables as appropriate to minimise impact on Studio teams and drive consistency with external partners.
- Proactively updates and creates reference documentation for EA Studio personnel to drive consistency and integrity of submissions. Communicates problem trends, submissions-related news from console, etc. as needed for Studio to remain empowered to succeed.
- Assists Management in official interactions with external partners as needed; negotiating on failure points, seeking official waivers to requirements, and making priority requests. Heavily involved in safeguarding EA’s relationship and business by strategically denying damaging courses of action. Assists GO Leadership in finding best path between short and long-term gains.
- Manages other general Submissions process interactions and communicates status to partners and stakeholders according to established Certification/Rating/First Party submissions service level agreements. Ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of submission information.
- Conducts presentations to Studio or QA personnel worldwide, advocating the GO RTO Submissions agenda and getting feedback on services.
- Manages the delivery of software and documentation submission packages into First Parties for platforms/projects assigned. Ensures submission packages are of the highest integrity and punctuality.
- Supports management in developing a stronger proactive and continuously improving team culture.
- Responsible for supporting GO Managers to ensure key process documentation is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Provide training for the GO RTO team in Hyderabad as needed.
- Provide guidance on prioritisation issues and flag potential risks and bottlenecks.
- Ensure DiSCO and First Party Submission JIRA’s are maintained and kept up to date at all times.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners, such as game teams, PLM, RTO, EACC, and our First Party contacts.
- On-board new tasks and support the PLM Tech Ops Managers as needed.
- In order to provide support during Pacific Standard Time, a night shift is established within the team. A rotation plan will be in place to ensure that each team member covers the night shift for portions of the year.
- The Real Time Operations department is a dynamic part of the business where there are peak periods of activity therefore it is necessary that the incumbent has a flexible approach to working hours, including weekends.
- Taking annual leave during these periods is limited.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Previous experience of working closely with numerous stakeholders in a project environment.
- Experience in coordination of delivery of multiple, simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
- Proven skills of MS Office and an ability to quickly grasp other computer applications.
- Co-operate, collaborate and work towards a common goal in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade and put across own view in a positive way.
- Identify, focus and implement changes needed and increase the sense of urgency.
- Consistently attempt to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally. Excellent written and spoken English is required for the role.
Previous experience of:
- Project coordination of multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of the technical requirements of at least one console manufacturer and associated tools.
- Passion for video games is advantageous.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and assist internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience handing off tasks to other team members and picking up already started tasks to drive them to completion as a team.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects to schedule.
- Quick learner able to work effectively in a changing environment and positively embrace change.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times through positive actions and behaviours.