Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
The Retail Sales Manager is directly responsible for developing joint business plan with retail clients and for achieving sales revenue, volume, mix and distribution objectives of company's products including all related sales activities to designated clients. This position reports directly to the General Manager of Julius Meinl Romania.
- Develops and implements the Retail Sales strategy in line with Julius Meinl objectives
- Negotiates trade terms (turnover, volumes, discounts, promotion activities, number of SKUs, payment terms, etc) for the year to come in connection with company budget, sales targets & company's strategy.
- Responsible for achieving the annual net sales plans, develop the correct prices and discounts according with the market conditions and sales opportunities.
- Maintains credit control in line with company's policies and accepts full responsibility for collection and outstanding accounts.
- Responsible for the annual & monthly sales forecast (forecast accuracy).
- Conducts business meetings with key customers stakeholders’ internal and external, develops and follows up monthly & quarterly & annually action plans as means for achieving the targets.
- Evaluates customer needs and design/ agree & adapt action plans accordingly. Is responsible for developing trade plan scheme as well as sales retail and merchandising organization according with the plans and promotion of key accounts, following that all approved plans are carried out.
- Contributes to various global and regional projects as a team member or project coordinator
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to develop strategy, trade plans and promotions, pre-packs and other marketing activities.
- Develop communication cycle flow to provide feed-back to Marketing Department following each marketing activity, launches, promotions, price increases, trade activities.
- Closely collaborate with Logistics Department regarding placing orders, special packs, and goods delivery.
Skills & Competencies
- Business experience in similar position for at least 5 years with strong interpersonal communication in retail community, preferably in candy, coffee or beverage sector
- Very good interpersonal skills, along with oral and written communication
- Presentation skills & argumentative approach
- Business Acumen & Understanding
- Agile and Adaptable while easily identify the business opportunities and connecting market information and competitive advantages
- Decision making & able to react fast to changing environment
- Organizing and prioritizing ability
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Result-driven and proactive
- People development focus driven while articulating a clear business vision and goals for the team