Remote Senior Web Developer
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
At Crowd Favorite, we’re protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. When you join our team, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
On top of being a highly effective coder, the ideal candidate will be an extremely effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, and should have well-formed opinions about how to deliver top-quality digital solutions in a professional context. Good developers can create code that solves a problem. Great developers can also communicate why that code solves a problem, how it does so, and how to implement it.
This is not an entry-level position. We require a good degree of familiarity with creating high-performing open source solutions. That said, we know some candidates may not think they are expert-level coders. If you think you’re close to meeting the requirements, but not all of them, go ahead and apply. You just might be the right person for the role. Even if you’re not right for this role, we've often hired, in later cycles, those who didn't get hired the previous time around.
Must-haves (technical requirements):
- Proficient in modern object-oriented PHP
- Proficient in modern web development tooling and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience in web site performance optimization, both front-end and back-end, utilizing the latest responsive and mobile design techniques
- Basic understanding of SEO in regards to design & technical best practices
- Basic understanding of UI/UX standards for ecommerce
- Sharp and focused attention to detail with the ability to deliver projects on-time and on budget
- Experience with GIT, JSON, , and RESTful API’s
- Proficient in developing high-performing code for WordPress
- Proficient in Laravel development
- Experience in WooCommerce development, beyond WooCommerce templates
- Experience with unit and integration testing
Must-haves (non-technical requirements):
- Access to consistent, high-speed Internet
- Fluency in the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to self-manage and self-organize in distributed work environments, and to take direction in remote work situations
- Effective in communicating with team members and has experience using email, Slack and multiple communication channels
- Previous experience in a client services - focused agency setting
- Understands while you are not an Army of One, you are responsible for work assigned to you
- Interest in and willingness to learn new technologies, refine your skillset and keep your skills sharp in the ever-evolving open source technology landscape
Nice to haves:
- Proficient in TDD
- Experience with PWAs
- Familiarity with web standards and accessible web development
- Development of new eCommerce websites on the Shopify platforms
- Building and customizing Shopify themes within the Liquid framework
- Experience with mobile platforms like Flutter, React Native, or NativeScript-Vue
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS setup and configuration
The benefits and perks
- attractive salary and competitive benefits package
- remote work possibility or from our cool office in Bucharest
- flexible working hours
- premium membership to a leading private health system
- travelling expenses for conferences or events
- we respect your holidays, including the ones arranged before starting with us
- the possibility of growth in the company
This is a development position, so code is involved.
Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created. A link to a Git repo or Bitbucket repo gives us something to look at together.
Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.