Regulations Product Safety R&D Engineer, Sant Cugat del Valle
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Description Hewlett-Packard Barcelona site is positioned to be the worldwide reference point for HP's Graphic Arts Business, hosting the worldwide Large Format Printing Business (LFP), including R&D. We want to incorporate a senior electrical/electronics engineer for the area of Electrical Safety inside the LFP R&D Regulations department. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary and energetic development team responsible of design and validation for legal compliance. L ocated both in Barcelona and other international locations, will work towards common and technically challenging objectives, influencing design teams and actively participating on program decisions. This position is a great development opportunity to increase scope of contribution, communication, and leadership skills, beyond pure design for functionality. Responsibilities * *
• Responsible for Safety compliance of the products in development.
• Define safety strategy and translation to design requirements. Active participation in Product Architecture (EE/ME) from early stages to ensure a lean incorporation of compliant designs to safety directives.
• Act as focal point for the program representing the interests of all regulatory areas (EMC, safety, Environmental), leading the rest of the team, and integrating team activities and requirements to the programs.
• Review electronics, mechanics and system level designs. Influence design teams to implement best options in terms of Safety and Machinery legal compliance. Design and implement test plans as required to validate designs.
• Develop regulatory documentation in alignment with regulatory regional teams. Keep track of evolving standards and feedback to HP representatives on the standardization committees. Establish, maintain & promote networking with other HP organizations in this area.
• Lead communications with regulatory certification agencies (APPLUS, UL, CSA) for consultancy and certification.
• Collaborate with sales and operations teams for escalations/questions coming from manufacturing or from the customers in the areas of safety. Education and Experience * Master's degree in Electrical Engineering * Minimum 2-4 years experience Knowledge and Skills * Using electrical design tools and software packages. * Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills. * Designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms * Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management * Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options. **Job:** **Engineering* **Title:** *Regulations Product Safety R&D Engineer* **Location:** *Spain-Spain-Sant Cugat del Valle* **Requisition ID:** *1488238*
Please note that if you are NOT a passport holder of the country for the vacancy you might need a work permit.