Quality Manager - Electronic Manufacturing
Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The primary purpose of the role of Quality Manager will be to manage, proactively develop and maintain the Company Quality Management System in accordance with regulatory, customer and business requirements. Furthermore the Quality Manager shall seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality System to meet the business strategy of the Company and to ensure on-going product quality.
• Ensure product is manufactured to the required quality standards and customer requirements
• Lead a team of personnel for quality issues defining, directing, and maintaining quality standards
• Promote the company’s “right first time” policy eliminating failures whilst maximising efficiency of the manufacturing process and ensuring adherence to all aspects of the company’s accreditation
• Oversee the Corrective and Preventive action process, co-ordinating CAR root causes and corrective actions for both in-house and customer returns (RMA) and complaints, with follow up checks to verify implementation
• Identify potential improvements, including cost reduction and process improvements; lead/participate in continuous improvement team activity meetings
• Be the Customer Liaison for product quality within the internal customer focus teams
• Liaise with engineering develop the NPI process ensuring quality of build data / instructions and product configuration, provide quality feedback to the customer and inspection staging within the manufacturing process and defining quality plans
• Liaise with Logistics Team on supplier quality and assessments
• Be the management representative for all audits and manage the Company Quality Management System (currently encompassing BS EN9100 ISO, Kitemark and Thatcham) and any other accreditations required ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and workmanship standards.
• Represent the Company to regulatory bodies and customers for audit and other interactions
• Manage internal audit programs
• Advise and train personnel in matters of quality, regulatory and best practice for electronic assembly equipment manufacture
• Oversee the Quality Control inspection function
• Assist in the compilation of and reporting of quality key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Interact with Customers and Suppliers on matters of quality
• Ensure the skills matrices are up-to-date and robust with demonstrable evidence of assessment for each competency
• Identify future skills requirements and current skills gaps and assist in creating a training plan to address these
• Other duties as required in the best interests of the business
• Developing capable processes designed to maximize productivity and minimize waste. Ensure all processes are stringently adhered to, any gaps or process improvements should be reviewed with relevant departments / personnel and effective remedial actions taken in a timely manner including updating supporting documentation in QMS
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience Required:
• Experience of a manufacturing environment, preferably in Electronics
• Previous experience of implementing/maintaining AS9100 essential
• Previous experience of implementing/maintaining ISO13485 an advantage
• Proven experience as a Quality Manager / Quality Engineer
• Proven experience in lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, FMEA / Risk assessments, supply chain development, Kaizen and 5s programs in a customer focused, dynamic electronic controls manufacturing facility
Key Competencies/Attributes Required:
• Strong problem solving skills
• Results oriented
• Attention to detail
• Customer focussed
• Ability to creatively challenge issues
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
Expectation for All Employees:
Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviours:
• Competence and commitment to excellence
• Teamwork - building strong, long-term partnerships with our suppliers and customers (internal and external)
• Integrity - commitment to and acting with high ethical standards
• Respect - demonstration of esteem, concern, and courtesy towards fellow employees
• Compliance within required standards
• Continuous improvement - sustaining an environment that fosters the elimination of waste and variation in process
• Accountability and ownership - taking responsibility for one's actions and an active role in career development
• To represent Jaltek in a professional and organized manner on a day to day basis
- Do you have experience in electronic manufacturing?
- Do you have experience of implementing/maintaining AS9100 ?
- Do you have experience as a Quality Manager / Quality Engineer?
- Do you have proven experience in lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, FMEA and Risk assessments?
- Do you have customer interface experience?